Chapter 2: Tread Carefully.

Harry Potter is in 2nd year. He was running off because a group of people have been bullying him for being a parceltoungue. Fred and George tried to stop them, but they were 7th and 6th years. It wasn't fair, 7th years bullying a 2nd year. Fred and George refuse that behavior. No matter how good they know them, they won't allow it.

   Harry was running, hearing fred and george screaming at people and a few curses, and before he knew it, he was in Moaning Myrtles bathroom. He noticed that myrtle wasn't there, probably in the boys bathroom, he'd have to be careful.

   He walked around, half crying, half anxious. Then he noticed this weird snake carving on one of the taps on the sink. He knelt down, and somehow he knew what to do. He said "open", but it didn't come out as 'open.' What did come out was a soft, low hiss. What startled him was that the sink, well, sunk. It sunk down and it left this slide thing. He went down it, having nothing left to lose. He landed softly, having practice getting off brooms. He walked through this.. chamber? not feeling in any way scared, which ironically scared him. He walked through, and got to a huge room. He had this feeling someone was here. "Hello?" He said, trying to say it in English, but parceltoungue came out. "Hello." Something replied. Now he felt startled. "Are you a hatchling? Or an Unwanted?" The voice asked. "I believe I am a hatchling. I will not hurt you. Whoever you are." Harry replied, carefully. So its a snake talking.

   "I am Harry Potter. I speak your tongue. Who, or perhaps, not to be rude but, what, are you?" Harry asked solemnly. The snakes voice replied. "I am Anguis. I am what most call a basilisk. I have roamed these lands for many years, protecting the hatchlings of this land, but a few years previous, a hatchling controlled me. Made me evil. Made me kill. I did my best to do the least damage I could, but someone eventually died. He will come back. I am scared. His name was Tom. Please, hatchling, as I have protected you, please protect me from him." Anguis almost pleaded. Harry felt for the basilisk. "I will protect you. You will not be harmed, nor harm while I am with you." Harry answered.

   He only noticed it when it moved. A giant carving of Salazar Slytherin was on the wall, and his mouth opened. Then slid out a giant snake, must be about 60 feet long. "Cover your eyes, i wish not to harm you." Anguis said quickly. Harry did so. He then heard rustling and a calm "you are safe now." Opening his eyes he saw thick fabric covering the eyes of Anguis. "Do you know about our kind? About how our eyes can kill? If you will protect me as I have many others, I must keep you alive. I can see you, but as you cannot see my eyes, you are safe." Anguis told harry. Harry finally had a friend. Though, not in the way shape or form he expected. Nonetheless, he and Anguis were happy.