Chapter 1, The shoes

𝐍𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

The bell in the tower chimes.

Regina, the witch and queen of this land, slowly walks on her bridge of branches towards the other tower. The door unlocks, and in steps Regina. The kindling bears greet her.

"Oh, uh, Hello your majesty."

"Goodmorning Ma'am."

"Goodmorning."

They all stuttered nervously in fear of the witch.

Regina walks past them towards the apple tree in the middle of the room.

"Magic Tree, Magic Tree. Let this morning be the time, that your perform your duty."

The bell chimes again, and the 2 apples on the tree turn into red shoes.

"Of bringing me the shoes of youthful, eternal, beauty.."

Regina said, while slowly plucking off the shoes. She puts the shoes on, and she gets surrounded by red smoke.

"Ahh! Yes! Change me! Finally!.. Huh?" 

The shoes turn black and the smoke disappears.

"Not again, how long must I wait?" Regina said.  "Clear these away! Now pull yourself together."

Regina leaves the room, and the tiny bears put all the failed shoes away.

𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝'𝐬 (𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫) 𝐏𝐎𝐕

It's nighttime. Me and Snow are gonna break into the tower. We need to find clues about where our father is. I miss him, I really hope we can find something, anything..

Snow throws a rope through the window, which we climb. We're now inside. There's a weird looking apple tree in the middle of the room. 

"Huh? You weren't here before." Said Snow.

"Weird." I reply. "But we should look after some clues about Papa! I'll stand guard, then you can look around. You're stronger than me."

She nods in agreement, and I head over through the door that leads to the other tower, while Snow starts searching behind a painting. 

I walk through the door, and see Regina talking to her weird mirror. She couldn't see me, so I had to snoop a bit.. I walked a bit closer, just enough for me to be able to her their conversation. 

"Your power is draining, my queen." said the mirror. 

"I know, Magichard. That's why I need the shoes. But tell me again, what do these shoes do?"

"The shoes of temptation. They feed on your desires, and when they give you what you desire.. The bond is permanent." The mirror answered.

"So when I put on the shoes, they will make my deepest desire come true?"

"Yes, my dear queen. But remember, after you've gotten what you desire, the shoes will stay on forever. They can only be removed if your deepest desire changes.."

I had heard enough. I tip-toed back to the other door. I gently push it open. just to look in.

'My deepest desire..' I think to myself. I glance over at Snow while the words echo in my head. 

'I need to get my hands on those shoes. For Snow.' I smile.

I walk over to Snow, closing the door behind me. Just in case. Snow sees me, and signals for me to get over there.

"Did you find anything?" I ask.

"No, but-" She got cut off because her head hit the desk she was under.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I lean down. She doesn't reply, but she grabs a book that appeared under the desk.

"Yes!" We say in unison. 

We sit at the desk and start reading.

𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤

I can't believe my beloved daughters Red Rose and Snow White has turned 18. I only wish their mother could see the kind of smart and beautiful young women both of our daughters have become. But strange things happened at their party. The castle guards brought in a woman named Regina. They said she was a witch, but she was too beautiful to be a witch!

I have married Regina. Everything feels so perfect! Except for Regina's strange looking mirror, there's something not quite right. People around the castle have been disappearing one by one. Is it because of that peculiar mirror?

I saw it with my own eyes. Regina, talking to a tree! She must be a witch. I shall send Snow and Rose away to a safer place.

My dear daughters. By the time you are reading this, my fate will be uncertain. She's coming for me now. I only hope you can find the Fearless 7, and ask them for help! 

Apples. The most suspicious of fruits.

𝐑𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐑𝐞𝐝'𝐬 (𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫) 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Oh, Papa.." Snow whispered.

"Where could he be?.." I mumble.

The bell chimes, and the sun arrives, shining down at the apple tree. Even though I hadn't seen them, I already knew what they were.

"Snow, do you hear that?" I ask. Snow listens. Judging by the look on her face, I could tell she also heard it. Regina was coming.

"Hurry, we need to get out of here!" I say. "You go first, I need to grab something!"

Snow gives me a curious look, but Regina was getting closer, so she started running towards the rope. I run to the apple tree and watch them turn into red shoes as the sun hits them. I pluck the shoes and put them on just as Regina steps in. Red smoke shoots out everywhere and push Regina backwards out the door. She comes running back in.

"Regina?" Snow asks with a slight hint of fright in her voice. 

"No, my shoes!" Yelled Regina. "Get her!" 

A tree shoots in the room at high speed, which almost hits me. Me and Snow start running towards the rope, but the tiny bears crash on their brooms in front of us. I could tell she got the same idea as me.

"Hey, can we borrow this?" I ask one of the bears. 

"Okay!" It replied.

Snow and I hop onto the same broom and fly through the window, barely dodging the tree. I couldn't control the broom, so I didn't even notice what had happened to Snow.