12 | 2004

A/N

Just a heads' up, there are FIVE chapters left to this story. I know, it's all gone by so fast and I am so grateful that you've stuck around to read this story. How're you liking it so far? Have I sold you on Ron x Astoria yet? Is Ron...hot?

Anyway, if you follow me on Instagram, you will notice that I'm now doing a countdown so you'll know when I next update. So if you want reminders, then you can find me @/HEPBURNETTESWP.

Also, I've just realised that I haven't showed you my boy Theo yet! This chapter lines right up with Finite (please don't ask me for the 1000th time to post Finite, you know why I won't and I won't explain why again.) But because I know how much you like Theo, here's introducing—

Matthew Belle as Theodore Nott

x Noelle

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

1 2

2 0 0 4

SHE SPOTS HIM the moment she enters the Leaky Cauldron. Bright red hair, tousled from his habit of running his fingers through whenever he's thinking or tense. His Auror robes, draped over the empty chair beside him, are just as rumpled. She's beginning to think that Ron will never look as flawless or spotless as the other boys she's known all her life.

And that's perfectly okay.

He seems to notice her almost immediately, because he bolts up, almost upsetting his drink in the process. She tries not to smile as she approaches him, but the grin on his face is rather infectious. "Astoria," he breathes, when she comes up.

"Hi." She settles down into the chair opposite him. They're sat in the corner booth, a good distance away from any curious eyes. She wonders if Ron's gotten this booth on purpose, because these seats are usually reserved.

Being friends with Ron is a bizarre experience. The young girl in her is simply thrilled to be in his company. After all, she'd admired him from afar all through her Hogwarts years. While everyone else had kissed Harry Potter's feet, she'd often wondered how anyone could overlook his ginger-haired sidekick. Good-humoured, snarky and seemingly fun to be around. She almost envied Harry Potter and Hermione Granger for having his friendship.

But the woman in her finds being friends with Ron more difficult than she ever expected. For starters, she's not so great at this friendship thing. Sure, she's had friends back at school—those who admired her for being Pureblood and rich and Daphne's sister. But she's had none of that unwavering loyalty Harry and Hermione have towards Ron; or the regard that Blaise, Pansy and Theo have towards Draco bloody Malfoy, in spite of all his obvious flaws.