Your sight [1]

Kylar was the youngest Son of a lighthouse-keeper family so it was just logical that he would be a keeper one day too. So when he was old enough he began to travel to find his own lighthouse to keep.

The young man soon found a lighthouse which was just on the so called "cliff of death" to call his own. The cliff was known by its name because not far from it lives a mermaid which sang its song to attract the crews and send hundrends of ships to their end. Since Kylar appeared at the cliff, began the light of the lighthouse to shine brightly over the water and that way save hundreds of people from finding their death at the cliffs.

The Mermaid on the other hand didn't like this at all. Soon word came around that the the high and beautiful voice of the mermaid was heard father away from the cliff.

It was a stormy night in the small village which was just near the coast. The wind was singing a song through the small streets and the water splashed down on the ground. Eventhrough the loud storm there was laughter heared out of the local Pub. It was filled with People chatting, drinking and cheering.

Kylar wasn't one of them, he just sat on a small wooden table, drinking his whiskey while listening bored to the chattering.

A man came ruining in the Pub and yelled through all the noice
"I saw her!!!"
He pulled out a black and big scale and hold her in the air. The moment the light began to reflect on the object was the moment all noice in the Pub became to an end and only the storm outside was heard.
"I saw the mermaid! I saw her with my own eyes!!"

Nobody had ever saw her or atleast nobody who survived long enough to even say a word about, let alone to catch one of her scale

"I only saw her long tail and beautiful Fingers but it was her! I swear!"

The Pub which just a second ago was dead quiet is now filled with even more noice while everybody tries to get to the man and the shining scale.
Even the beforehand bored Kylar is now turned towards the Man and listenes closely.

"My men and I hit her with a harpune! She lost a lot of scales!"

The Men throws a bunch of scales on one of the wooden tables. They make small klink noices while they fall.

"They are black but in the light they shine like silver! Oh man our village is gonna be rich!!!"

The Pub ones again fills with laughter and cheering while the village celebrates.

The Mermaid is hurt...