𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛

TW//
coronavirus,
panic attack

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

"there she is, hello sleeping beauty" Chase yelled as soon as i got out of my room for the first time that day and it was like three in the afternoon.

"i thought that somebody took you in the middle of the night" Madelyn joked, causing everyone in the room to laugh.

"i was facetiming Marvin" i explained, walking over the couch to sit next to Drew, who reached and ruffled my hair as a greeting.

"whatcha doing?" i questioned. "i heard a lot of screaming and laughing from my room" i giggled.

"Rudy and Drew were recreating the John B and Sarah kiss scene" Chase laughed.

"i guess i've missed a lot then" i laughed, getting comfortable in the couch.

"Jonas should have cast me as Sarah Cameron, i would have done a better job" Rudy joked, causing Madelyn to flip him off.

Chase was about to say something but Drew cut him off, reaching out the tv remote to turn up the volume.

everyone in the room suddenly shut up and drifted their eyes to the tv as breaking news flashed up.

"what the heck does it mean?" Rudy asked in shook when Madelyn eventually turned the tv off.

"we're quarantined" Chase let out a sharp breath, throwing back his head and fixing his eyes on the ceiling.

"oh my god, i did know about the whole coronavirus thing but i couldn't imagine they would have shut everything down" Drew muttered till stunned.

after moments of silence Maddie spoke again.

"well, at least we're stuck in here together" she giggled, trying to stay positive and keep the energy clear.

Rudy, Chase and Drew nodded in agreement, then they all slowly drifted their eyes in my direction.

i was nestled on the sofa with my arms wrapped around my knees, my eyes fixed on the floor.

"Riley?" Madelyn called me out softly.

"is she okay?" Rudy asked as the three of them exchanged looks.

"is it a joke, isn't it?" i slurred after moments of silence.

"i can't stay here, i have to get back home" i panicked.

"Riles you can't, haven't you heard what they said on the news?" Drew said sofly.

"yeah, i did" i snapped "but there's gotta be a way. i can't stay here, what about my family? Marvin?" i began breathing heavily.

Madelyn quickly stood up to move over towards me.

"Riley calm down it's just for a while, you can stay here with us" she tried to reassure me.

i tried all of me to calm myself down but i could feel my heartbeat increasing and i felt like the was something stuck in my throat and started struggling to breathe.

i buried my face in my knees as tears started streaming down my face.

i heard someone, probably Rudy asking what was happening and then i heard Drew's concerned voice "guys i think she's having a panick attack".

he made Maddie move and kneeled down in front of me before placing his hand under my chin lifting my head so that i could look at him.

"Riley, hey, it's me, Drew. look at me" he said softly, wiping some of my tears with his thumb.

he held my trembling hands, slightly squeezing them "come on, breathe with me" he whispered as he started taking deep breaths, showing me what to do.

i followed his actions, starting to take dreep breaths, as tears keep streaming down my face.

after a few minutes of doing breathing exercises with Drew my breath slowly became steady again, but i was still sobbing.

as Drew noticed that, pulled me into a tight hug, running his hands over my back to reassure me.

"everything is gonna be okay, i promise" he whispered behind my ear.

i buried my face in the crook of his neck, his familiar scent filling my lungs and his hand holding me made my body relax under his touch.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

a.n.
this chapter is short but pretty intense. Riley is now stuck with Drew in LA so i wonder what's gonna happen 👀

i forgot to thank y'all for 11k views on this book, this is unbelievable thank you all for reading this book!!