Tethered heart

By: sumeyaalington

❝Why do you have a tongue piercing?❞ I asked, observing the other piercings he had and the designs inked on his skin. I'd never seen so much work done on one person before. ❝What's the purpose?❞
            A playful grin quirked on to his lips, challenging me. ❝Would you rather I tell you or show you its purpose?❞             ♡♡♡♡
Set in the years 1987-1993             At nineteen-years-old, Sophia Álvarez has everything a girl her age could ever want. A trustworthy best friend, high markings in her college classes, and a loving family. Everything in her world is calm and full of structure.             She's content with what the universe has served her until one fateful night causes her to cross paths with a mysterious man. After only one interaction with the tattooed and mean-spirited college senior, Bryce Matthews, Sophia's life suddenly changes from being calm to being chaotic.             Their love is just as undeniable as it is dangerous. Bryce smuggles kilos into the California coast, and with his job comes serious trouble. He's everything she shouldn't want. In the end, it's their differences that charge their relationship, adding fuel to the fire and giving them a reason to fight for their love.             But when dark pasts, obsessive exes, and deceptive friends threaten their relationship and their lives, will Sophia draw the line and say enough is enough or will she stick around for the long haul?

Completed

❕matured
©all right reserved