oo1.

PARKWON HEADQUARTERS
JULY 16TH, 2020   11:15AM

yoo chan whistled a tune under her breath, matching it to her footsteps. it was yet another day at her place on the police force. her hands reached out to the code at the door, fingers automatically mocking the password for the billionth time.

being on the force was a long-awaited dream of chans.

something she waited for her entire life, since the age of five. but then again it needed the permission of her thick-skinned busan born and raised father.

he hadn't exactly been the fondest of the idea.

of course her father's hesitation was valid considering her travel from busan to seoul, the big city.

he feared of her safety more than anything, putting aside her boisterous behaviour. eventually convincing the man, she was let go.

seoul rather bigger than what chan had expected.

other than her obsession with the city, she was rather intimidated the first time she came. people pushing past her with a rushed seoul accent is not how she expected the city to greet her.

however, that's what made her all the more stronger.

continuing her tune to hum out the higher end of the song, chan was soon done reciting all of shinee's lucifer up in her head.

she marched to the elevator, before standing hesitantly in front of it.

turning her head slightly,she looked as a purple haired boy stacked semi heavy boxes in the newly opened store by the café situated at the station.

a candy store specifically which got chan all the more interested in the shift. sneakily walking over she riddled a small prank to startle the poor boy.

"what's going on here?" she spoke clearly, the boy in front of her flinching from the sudden sound. she chuckled inwardly, proud of her little plot.

"i don't recall a conversation with a new store opening up" she raised a brow to seem more convincing.

the boy looked up at her, visibly shaken. "i- um- there was a uRM" he cleared his throat after squeaking accidentally.

"this was planned well in advance miss. i'm pretty sure there has been a miscommunication." he then spoke, much clearly and with a sudden burst of confidence.

"well can i see a permit then?" chan stuck out her hand as the boy scrambled for the paper. reaching out to hand her the statement, they were interrupted with footsteps running towards them.

"chan!" he spoke before bending down to catch a breath.

"i gave the permission" he stated. chan scowled inwardly, a frown ceasing as she was disappointed at mark's uncalled intro.

still grasping the permit from the boy, chan ran her eyes over the document before handing it back, upset with her failed prank attempt.

"carry on then, i guess" she sighed before pulling mark aside.

"you absolutely piece of baloney!" she exclaimed to the puzzled boy.

"was i not supposed to???" facepalming, she decided to leave the boy to scratch his head in confusion to continue on her daily hassle.

she met mark a week into her stay in seoul. the two hit it off almost immediately, despite being the opposite in personality. and lifestyle.

walking to her office, chan sat and pondered on the situation at hand. should she go to the store or should she not hmm.

in the end she convinced herself to walking down for a coffee and maybe even use mark as her excuse.

however chan was stopped by her boss—also referred to caffeine by the office—assigning her to a rather rushed duty outside the city. which she took without hesitation.

don't get her wrong, chan had been waiting for an opportunity to be out on the field catching the bad guys and getting her name to fame.

seeing the chance in front her, she grabbed at it, the candy store long forgotten.

chan was tasked with the catching of notorious criminal, SuF. he was not exactly the most threatening one of the wanted lot but that didn't mean he didn't cause trouble.

he had been in the hands of parkwon for weeks now, to no avail. that was until they found a lead two blocks away from headquarters.

striding across the lobby to the entrance, chan found herself stopping to look at the candy shop.

the purple head boy from earlier catching her eye almost immediately, that she almost failed to notice the stature of mark conversing with him from beside.

walking up to them chan decided to just do the quick and introduce herself.

"hi! i'm officer chan" she started with a smile, "i just wanted to stop by to drop a hi". the boy mimicked the smile offering a hand to her.

"i'm donghyuck."

## AUTHOR's NOTICE

omg this is my first ever written piece. and i'm really excited but super nervous that this is not gonna do well. pls let me know if i could improve my writing in any way or if i've made a mistake somewhere. i'm still learning so hopefully no hate<3 

i would also really appreciate if you could tag a friend or two cause i'm new on here and have no idea how to promote so sorry for if i'm being too annoying in advance.