Chapter 23 - Nash POV

It's been three days and we are still in the hospital room. Oliver finally woke up last night which was a relief. He still has to stay here for about two more weeks. Melody and I are fine with that because we want to stay with him and Ryder.

We haven't gotten much sleep and food in the past few days but can you blame us. We told Adam about Ryder's condition. He didn't know anything that could save him but said he will keep looking. I'm not giving up hope and neither is Mel. We will save Ry.

"You guys need to see this. I found a way to save Ryder but it's not going to be easy" we both look up to see Erin carrying a large book.

She shoves the book in front of us and points to the white and silver rose. "It's called a moon rose. It has the power to bring someone back from the dead within one hour of their time of death. It only works if the person dies of unnatural causes like poisoning for example"

"Oh my god Erin you're amazing. I love you so much right now." Mel says with the biggest smile. I haven't seen her this happy since before the incident and it hakes my own smile grow.

"Don't get too excited. It's located in the mystic forest inside hells cave. If that wasn't bad enough you will have to get past the misery pixies. They feed off you misery and hatred" that doesn't sound so bad. We are pretty miserable right now. They can feed off that.

"This is amazing news" Mel says.

"Don't get too excited. It's not going to be easy" with that she left. I don't care what it takes. We have to save Ryder.

~*~

The next day we make our way into mystic forest. I hear Mel scream and turn around to see her being dragged away by black rope like objects. "HELP!" she screams again

"Mel you need to use your fire. Just think about your entire body lighting up and it should burn away the ropes"

"I-I can't. It's not working" shit. I try to use my own flam but it manages to move out of the way
"Mel you have to try harder. It's not going to work otherwise"

She took in some deep breaths before her entire body lit up in flames. The black ropes make a high pitched squeaking sound before it fell off of her body. She ran right into my arms with the biggest grin.

"I did it" she says excitedly.

We continue on like this fighting off random things and creatures until we arrive at hells cave.

It is a large read cave with a lava waterfall coming down the side.

"Who are you and what do you want?" says a lady dressed head to toe in red, even her wings are red. This must be the misery pixie.

"I'm Nash and this is my mate Melody. We need a moon rose to save our sons life. Please we will give you anything you want"

"Your desperate to save him but how far will you go" the look she gives me makes me nervous.

"I will do anything"

"Even if it could turn your mate against you?" I really don't have a good feeling about this.

"What do you want me to do?" I say pulling Mel tighter against me.

"It's not something you need to do, it's something you already did. You're consumed by guilt form something you did. You took a spell to compress the guilt but it's still there, eating you away slowly. Tell your mate what you did and you can have the rose"

Oh no. she's never going to forgive me.
"Why? Why do you want my mate to hate me? I had no choice to do what I did. If I didn't she and my sons would have died. You have to know that Mel. I had no choice."

"I feed off hate and misery. So if you want to save your son then you have to tell your mate what you did."

I pull Mel in for a kiss. It's a quick kiss before Mel pulls away and looks up at me with worry. That was probably the last kiss I will ever get form her. I have to tell her now, it's the only way to Save Ryder and she already knows I did something bad. There's no escape.

"Nash what did you do?" I can't bring myself to look into her eyes. She will never forgive me for this.

"When you were in a comma I slept with someone else and there is a good chance she is pregnant"