💙 | mystery musician

lucifer x gn!reader
↪︎ uses information from the card 'a piano timbre for you'
↪︎ fluff

- - • • • ♡ • • • - -

third person pov
"to find x, subtract 8 from this side and add it back on the other side..." the monotone voice of a fatigued teacher filled the room, mixing with the scratchy sounds of pens on paper and the constant ticking of the clock. everybody seemed to be taking notes to help with this important topic - apart from one human. they had their workbook set at an angle to hide the contents of their desk and scribbled down a note for mammon, their seatmate.

[f/n] lightly bit down on the top of their biro whilst thinking about what to write. 'oi, you understand this?' was the final message, printed in a messy way in the corner of a post-it note. when the teacher's back was turned, the [h/c]ette slipped the paper to the demon beside them and awaited a response. mammon flicked the note back to them, getting it to land right in the perfect position which caused him to smirk in victory. 'i'm not even listening, too busy thinking about goldie~ ♥︎ ♥︎'

it was hard to suppress a laugh when [f/n] read over the greedy boy's answer; it was similar to something a young schoolgirl would write about her crush. they just rolled their [e/c] eyes and wrote, 'it's disappointing to hear you sing the praises of someone that isn't me TTwTT'. why, you may ask? oh, just to tease the male. they slapped the sticky part onto his thigh and giggled quietly when they saw his eyes nearly bulge out of his head from the sudden contact.

a blush rose to his face whilst mammon started to read over it and reply, showing the person next to them that their teasing had worked. he stuck the note to the back of their hand and turned to hide his face in his palm, acting like he was listening to the boring topic that was being spoken about. 'grrr! goldie is better than a human so don't be jealous over the facts!' was written clearly, but there was something unreadable underneath it that was all bunched together.

instead of dwelling on it, [f/n] sighed to themself and wrote one last message. 'alright, whatever you say. anyways, i'm hanging behind later so don't wait for me.' when they read over it again, they realised the words sounded pretty ominous so they added another sentence in big writing to take up the rest of the room on the paper. 'don't ask where i'm going -_-' the lid of the biro was slipped back on and the human passed the note back before discreetly beginning to pack their things.

your pov
i watched the minute hand of the clock tick slowly until it finally landed on the 3 printed on the side, which is when the bell began to ring. everyone dashed out of the classroom, eager to get home to relax or wind down with some friends in town - i am too. however, my destination is slightly different to theirs; i'm headed to the music room. lord diavolo had discovered my talent for piano back in the human world and practically begged for me to play a favourite song of his, but it actually inspired me to play more often.

the walk there wasn't long and as i arrived, i carelessly threw my bag in the corner of the room along with my school jacket. before i sat down, i closed the door until a click sound was heard and sat down on the black plush stool. dust covered the surface of the grand piano that lay in front of me so i brushed it off to reveal a gleaming, glossy surface. my mind flicked through all the songs i knew until i settled on playing 'waltz in a minor' by chopin.

my fingers fluttered to the ivory keys before i started to press down on them to create sound, achieving the goal i wanted. they danced along the different notes, speeding and slowing at the points that called for it to add a dramatic effect. soon enough, i got lost in the music and began to sway to the different tunes i produced, not thinking about anything else apart from the vibrations coming from the instrument that was being played. when i began to finish off the concerto, my hearing tuned to my surroundings and i heard slow claps bounce off the walls.

feeling shocked from the sudden appearance, i froze in place which caused the mystery audience member to let out a small chuckle. "[f/n]. you should've mentioned that you were this talented," the person spoke, coming to take a seat next to me. i slowly craned my neck to meet the gaze of lucifer: mr avatar of pride, important man - you get the idea. the atmosphere was a bit tense due to my awkwardness, so i flashed a sheepish smile and let out a nervous laugh. "o-oh, that was nothing! but thank you anyways..."

he cocked an eyebrow and smirked slightly, finding my flustered state amusing. i tore my gaze away from his scarlet eyes, feeling my face heat up at the intense stare he was giving. "uhm, were you there the whole time?" i questioned, biting the inside of my cheek whilst i waited for a response. instead of answering verbally, the demon just stretched his arms slightly and began to play the songs i had previously, getting every chord and note correct. my mouth dropped open slightly as i listened with wide eyes, shocked at how good lucifer was.

when he finished, the avatar of pride pulled the cover over the keys and shifted slightly so he was facing me. he leant forward and pushed a finger under my chin, making my mouth close. i glanced to the side with flushed cheeks, "you're really good!" lucifer just chuckled knowingly and began to explain that he used to play a lot so belphie would be able to sleep, but he hadn't done so in a long time. i held his hands in mine and grinned excitedly at him, "please play more, lucifer. i love hearing it!"

a faint blush appeared on his cheeks as he hummed before speaking, "i suppose i can start to practise again, if it's you that wants to hear." hearing the way lucifer worded his response gave me an idea - it may work or it may not, there's only one way to tell. i stood from the stool and settled down on a cushioned chair, getting into a comfy position before i closed my eyes. it's like the male could read my mind because he started to play sweet songs to lull me to sleep.

the last thing i could remember before drifting off was hearing his low hums harmonise with the music, creating a beautiful sound to sleep to.

bonus
the ravenette rose from his seat after hearing soft snores, making his way over to the sleeping form on the chair. he unbuttoned his black jacket and drooped it over the human, giving them more warmth so they could sleep well. lucifer gently ran his fingers through their locks with a small smile before going back to practising his skills.

- - • • • • • • - -

word count : 1220
originally published : 09/09/2020
unedited

first oneshot with luci done! hopefully you all enjoyed it~

if there's any errors, please feel free to correct them. next up is a sweet special for a certain boy's birthday.