The Truth Will Set You Free

After several of the worst minutes of Fireflight's life, a large number of Autobots arrived in the Aerialbots' quarters, including Sunstreaker, Cliffjumper, Red Alert, Prowl, and Ironhide. Red Alert and Cliffjumper both seemed really upset, and Ironhide was scowling.

"You've got a lot of explainin' to do, young'uns," Ironhide said. He looked angry, and Fireflight whimpered. He didn't like having his teammates angry with him! Prowl nodded, a serious expression on his faceplates.

"You've been accused of two very serious offenses: plotting treason and shooting a fellow Autobot. I personally believe that there is likely a less sinister explanation for what Cliffjumper and Sunstreaker have accused you of, but the severity of the crimes obliges me to investigate you regardless. If, as I suspect, you are innocent of the accusations, you have nothing to fear from this investigation," he said.

"How can you think they're innocent, Prowl? Ratchet already confirmed that Sunstreaker's wounds came from Fireflight's gun! Not only that, but Sunstreaker has proof of their wrongdoings!" Red Alert exclaimed, sounding almost as crazy as Cliffjumper had earlier.

"Sunstreaker's "proof" might well have been fabricated, Red Alert. His wound is more troubling, but I personally find the idea that Fireflight shot Sunstreaker as part of some treacherous plot to be one of the least probable explanations for it. You can't let your desire to protect the Autobots lead you to jump to unfounded conclusions," Prowl said.

"Unfounded conclusions? They're perfectly founded! What other explanation is there for why Fireflight's been using Teletraan One so much?" Cliffjumper exclaimed. Red Alert nodded.

"Cliffjumper is right, Prowl. Fireflight's behavior has been most unusual lately. Not only has he been using Teletraan One more frequently, but he's also been abnormally focused and solitary for the past week or so. If Skydive, Slingshot, Skyfire, and Air Raid have been using him to further some treacherous plan, that would explain why!" he said.

"Red Alert, I share quarters with all four of my brothers. Do you really think that they could have hatched a plan as detailed as the one you seem to be accusing them of without me noticing and telling someone?" Silverbolt replied. Fireflight sighed in relief. Surely they would listen to Silverbolt! He was so smart and brave and good!

"Skydive is a genius. If anyone could manage such a thing, it would be him," Red Alert replied. Fireflight whimpered and tried not to start crying again. Why was everyone so willing to believe that he and Skydive were doing bad things?

"Besides, how do we know you aren't in on it? For all we know, your loyal soldier act could be just that-an act," Cliffjumper added. Ironhide scowled at him.

"Not a chance, Cliffjumper. Silverbolt's as loyal as they come. If the other Aerialbots really are plottin' against us, they're doin' it when he ain't around," he said. Fireflight relaxed slightly. Ironhide might not have liked Slingshot or Air Raid or Skydive, but at least he knew that Silverbolt wasn't a traitor.

"Or he's simply too weak to stop them. Face it, Ironhide, Silverbolt isn't exactly the model of an inspiring leader," Sunstreaker replied coldly.

"Enough with the wild accusations! This investigation is going to be handled calmly and rationally. If the three of you cannot handle that, I will have to ask you to leave," Prowl exclaimed. Cliffjumper, Sunstreaker, and Red Alert promptly fell silent.

"You can b-begin your investigation, Prowl," Silverbolt said. Prowl nodded.

"Thank you, Silverbolt. However, before I begin, I will tell you what Sunstreaker claims is going on. He says that Skydive has been in contact with Skyfire for a long time, plotting a strike against us so that you can weaken our forces and then join the Decepticons. Air Raid and Slingshot are allegedly their co-conspirators. They planned to cause as much disruption amongst the Autobot ranks as possible, by picking fights and otherwise causing problems, and they also convinced Fireflight into purchasing weapons for their strike. Then, when Sunstreaker discovered Skydive's plans, he used Fireflight's gun to shoot him, but failed to kill him. Skydive himself was also injured in the scuffle. Sunstreaker further claims that Air Raid and Slingshot have already left the base to prepare for the planned assault. Is any of this true?" Prowl said.