Part 19 - Decision

Hiro sits in his room curled up into a ball shape. He rocks back fourth while biting one of his nails. His heart rate fastens and his face glimmers in the ceiling light from the sweat dripping from his face. He sits and thinks about what he had just told everyone.

The fact that things were supposed to be normal but didn't feel normal bothered him. He lied to everyone and said he felt odd after he'd awoken when the truth was, he felt odd all along. Hiro was a very caring person and rarely got angry but once the experiments started, Hiro became very hostile and easily agitated. Not only that but he started to realise he lacked emotion for the love of his friends.

All he felt was  n u m b

His life felt out of place and he almost felt like he didn't belong here, even though Zero Two cares very much about him, he no longer feels anything. The klaxosaur blood broke him.
Everyday, Hiro's mind would be invaded with thoughts of killing, he's thought about killing Ichigo, he's thought about killing Goro and even Zero Two at times.
This made him want to distance himself even more, even though the sacrifices everyone in the building had to make just to make sure he escaped alive.
But day by day, his empathy grew waste-less and soon enough he wouldn't only look like a monster but act like one too.

"That day in the forest when I confronted Dr Franxx, I was going to kill him if Zero Two hadn't stopped me"

He knew it'd be safer if he distanced himself, so he finally made a decision. He had a shower and got dressed into something more appropriate to attend the dinner with.

—————————————————

The dinner table:

One by one they carry the food platers from kitchen to table, there is heaps of food, a lot of that being the food Zero Two has gotten in her hunts.
There's a variety of different meals, salmon, chicken, potatoes and mushroom soup with the dessert being something Kokoro made called a strawberry cake. Everyone was looking forward to this mysterious Strawberry Cake.
They all take their seats and conjoin hands just as they've would've started the plantation.

Goro holds out his hand to Nine who rolls his eyes in amusement.

"You're not serious are you? Children do this kind of thing"

Goro brings his hand closer to Nine.
"Please. Just this one time" Goro says

Nine sighs and holds Goro's hand, now everyone is holding hands at the table except Zero Two, where the seat next to her is empty.

"Do you think he will come?" Asks Zorome

"Maybe it's best if he doesn't, didn't he say he wanted to kill us or something?"

Zero Two looks down at her empty plate still shaken by his words.

"Maybe we miss heard him" says Futoshi

"Oh so we must've all misheard him?!" Yells Mitsuru, he holds Ai in his lap.

"I don't trust him one bit! He's not the same anymore and I don't want that negativity around my daughter" he yells

Kokoro slaps Mitsuru hard on the cheek. She has an angry look on her face.

"Hiro is our friend! How dare you speak so harshly of him!" Yells Kokoro

"Granted he is our friend but Mitsuru has a point, he's changed and we have every right to be suspicious of him." Says Ikuno

"He shouldn't be treated differently because of how he looks! Zero Two was the same but she came around! Maybe it's a phase or something?" Says Ikuno.

They all chatter and debate at the table.

The room becomes loud and they all begin to talk over each other.

"Enough everyone! This was supposed to be a happy dinner, let's just stay calm and we will talk about this further with Darling Tomorrow" says Zero Two.

Small slow Footsteps echo through the hall. They get closer and closer until Hiro pops out into view. He is smiling and looks rather dashing.

"Sorry I'm late! I was getting ready and it took me a little longer than usual" he sits down next to Zero Two, everyone stares at him in shock.

"Well? Are we going to dig in or not? I'm starving!" He says cheerfully.

They all start stacking their plates with food on the table, shoving their faces with food as they talk amongst themselves.

"Darling are you sure you're okay?" Says Zero Two
"I'm sorry about arguing with you before, I'm just concerned about you but I'm glad you could come to tonight's dinner"

Hiro munches on a potato.

"No, Zero Two, I should be the one that's sorry, all I do is keep secrets and lack a point of view of what everyone else is feeling. It's entirely my fault."

Nine overhears the conversation and puts his hand on Hiro's shoulder.
"So, you going to tell us what the whole 'I feel like killing u' crap is about, or are you going to run away from that as well?"

Hiro stands up.

"Yes, I will and I have decided what I'm going to do" Says Hiro

He taps his glass cup with a fork signalling everyone to listen to him.

"Listen closely and listen good everyone, I'm only saying this once"

What he says next, causes wild uproar.

(Hehe, this one was a long chapter, comment if you'd like to see more!)