Chapter 10. The First Quidditch Match ☾

A/N: All characters and sports belong to JK Rowling. Seriously, my sister and I are not that creative.

The First Quidditch Match

Harry sat at the Gryffindor table lost in thought. Tomorrow would be the first quidditch match and he didn't know what to do. He thought hard. He knew Hermione would say that they had to follow the timeline. He knew Snape had to save him to further suspicion of Quirrell. Yet, he couldn't help but wonder: why had Dumbledore allowed Quirrell to remain at the school after he nearly caused the death of a student? Harry sighed.

Right then, Draco plopped down next to his friend. He grabbed some food and set it on his plate. He looked over at Harry's plate and then started dishing up some food for his friend, too. Harry came out of his stupor.

"Hey!" Harry protested as Draco continued to pile food onto his plate.

"You're too skinny." Draco complained as he replaced the serving spoon in the mashed potatoes. He looked across the table at Hermione whose nose was currently buried in a book. He cleared his throat and Hermione looked up at her friend. She smiled, nodded her head in agreement with Draco, and quickly went back to reading.

"So, what if I am? You're not my mother." Harry argued as he dug into the food Draco had placed on his plate. "What are you reading, Mione?" Harry asked, changing the topic. Draco scowled at the dark-haired boy before turning to Hermione, waiting for her answer.

"I'm just looking for another way to stop Quirrell tomorrow without using fire." Hermione whispered resolutely as she put her book away. Draco quirked an eyebrow.

"Stop Quirrell from what?" Draco asked, looking from Harry to Hermione and back again. Hermione looked around uneasily. Draco caught the hint. "Not a conversation for here?" Harry and Hermione nodded in agreement.

"How about we head to the come and go room after dinner?" Harry suggested. Draco nodded in acceptance of the plan before turning back to the food in front of him.

At that moment, Ron plopped down in front of Harry. Harry sighed internally and rolled his eyes. Draco smirked.

"Hi, Weasley. What brings you to our neck of the woods?" Draco asked jokingly. Ron sneered at the blond and turned back to Harry.

"Hey Harry, I haven't seen you around a lot." Ron started conversationally.

"Well, I have a lot of schoolwork to do. Add quidditch practice to that, and I barely have time for Draco and Mione here." Harry admitted as he lackadaisically used his spoon to point to Draco and then Hermione.

"We have to spend some time together, soon! Want to go flying tomorrow evening?" Ron asked imploringly. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Ronald, Harry will fly during the quidditch match tomorrow. Tomorrow evening Harry has homework." Hermione chastised. Ron waved her off.

"He can do it later," Ron told her, not taking his eyes off Harry.

"I actually do have homework to do, Ron." Harry lied, trying to find some sort of excuse to be far away from Ron. Truth be told, Hermione should be proud of him. He finished his homework for the week earlier this afternoon. He found that it was amazing how much easier the work was when he had done it all once before.

"Well, we'll just have to postpone then." Ron decided. Harry just rolled his eyes. He looked down at his watch.

"Oh, sure. Hey, I've got to get going. See ya!" Harry hurried as he got up and left. Hermione and Draco caught on and followed him to the Room of Requirement.

"So, what's the story with Quirrellmort and fire?" Draco asked, brow quirking.

"Do you remember when Professor Snape caught on fire?" Hermione asked.