Chapter 8

The next morning, or actually, afternoon, when I walk through Erebor, I notice everyone is still asleep. I walk towards Fìli's bedroom and want to walk in as I remember Eowen. She could be with him... I walk back and go to the kitchen. After I made toast and baked an egg, I put it on a plate with some good-looking leftovers from yesterday and walk back to his room. I knock on the door and open it. "King Fìli? I made you breakfast." I see Eowen isn't here, it doesn't look like she's been here at all. I walk towards the bed and sit on the edge. "King Fìli, wake up." I say softly. "I made you breakfast." He opens his eyes and smiles. "Are you planning to do this more often? Cause I can get used to this." he says laughing. I put the plate on the bed, stand up and open the curtains. "See, it's a beautiful day!" I walk back to the bed, where Fìli is eating his breakfast. I sit down next to him and see that he looks really dirty. "You should take a bath." I say. His room has his own tub and streaming water from the mountain, you only need to heat it. "I'll make a fire, you find yourself some soap." I say. After the water is hot, Fìli starts to undress. I quickly walk out of the room and wait until Fìli calls me in again. He is only wearing a pair of trousers. "Couldn't you find your shirt?" I ask laughing. The last time I saw him this 'nude' we were both very young, and he certainly didn't have those abbs. "No..." He says smirking. His hair is hanging loosened across his face. "Come here, so I can braid your hair." He walks towards me and sits down on the bed. I start braiding his beard and after that his hair, then I get him a shirt. "Now you look like a king again." I say. "Can I braid your hair?" He asks. "Can you?" I say lauging. When we were young, we always braided each others hair, but Fìli hated that, because he sucked at braiding. "Of course I can!" Fìli says, semi-insulted. I sit down on my knees and Fìli kneels behind me and starts gently brushing my long hair. "If I hurt you, you must tell, okay?" I nod. He starts braiding, and keeps on braiding for half an hour. "Done." he says, with red cheeks of concentration. I look in the mirror and turn around. He comes standing behind me and holds a mirror behind my head, so I can see the small masterpiece on the back of my head. He made a half-updo. He made six small braids, braided them into two braids and pinned them in the form of a heart. After that he braided a few more small braids on the side of my head. "Now you look like a queen..." he says. "Wow, where did you learn to do this?" I ask. "Does it matter?" he responds. "No, it doesn't. Thank you." I say and I hug him. "No problem." He says and he gives me a kiss on my forehead. Then we go downstairs, where the dwarves are cleaning up the mess we made yesterday night.