Chapter 1

I got home from a long day of trying to build a device that grows and shrinks stuff as I got to the couch and laid down. I then took out my phone as I text one of my online friends. I was unsure if it was a she or a he but they called themself Mel.

[Y/N]
Hey, Mel. Anything new today?

Mel
Hey! Nope nothing new today. What about you?

[Y/N]
The usual. Trying to work on the shrinking/growing device is super hard.

Mel
Even if you fail or not, just know that I'll always be here to support you.

[Y/N]
Heh, thanks.

Mel
You're welcome. Anyway, I gotta go. My dad needs me.

[Y/N]
Alright, see ya.

I turned off my phone and sighed as I went outside to check on the mailbox. I opened it up and see an envelope thinking it's for my mom.

[Y/N]: Hey, mom! Is this for you?

Mom: Hm? No. I don't think so.

I looked at the envelope again as I see my name written on it. I then shrugged and walked back to my room.

[Y/N]: Let's see what's inside this envelope.

I opened the envelope as a device. I placed it on the table as a letter shows up as a hologram. I read it and widened my eyes before grabbing my mom and showing the letter to her.

Mom: Oh my god. [Y/N], you know what this means!

[Y/N]: I get to go to I-Island Academy!

Mom: You get to move out!

I was a little surprised as I looked at mom and gave of a chuckle which we both laughed. My mok then gave me a hug as I hug her back.

Mom: Congratulations, my dear. You worked really hard for this.

[Y/N]: And it was worth it.

Mom: Hehe. I'm proud of you.

I started crying as I hugged my mom tighter. My mom pats me on the back as I start to calm down.

[Y/N]: This is the happiest day of my life...

Mom: Alright, honey. You csn get some rest for the day. I'll help you pack tomorrow.

[Y/N]: Cool. Thanks.

My mom lets go of me as I sat down on my bed and lay down. I then sighed happily as I closed my eyes and drift off to sleep.

《~》

Mom: You got everything?

[Y/N]: Yes.

Mom: Toothbrush?

[Y/N]: Yes.

Mom: Tools?