Chapter 4

It's been a solid three years since I've studied in I-Island Academy. Melissa and I are as closer as two planks stuck together. Right now, I am currently making a new device that enhances our strength.

[Y/N]: This seems dangerous. Hey, Amy, can you scan the prototype before we test it out.

Amy: Can do.

Amy scans the prototype as I wash my hands. I wipe my hands and look at the time and see that it's almost lunch time.

Amy: Scan Complete. Prototype is ready to be tested.

[Y/N]: Awesome. Let's do this!

I put the device around my wrist as it glows a bright red. I smiled as I tapped on the device and it envelopes my hand.

Amy: Preparing test subject #1.

A dummy ascends from the floor as I ball my hand into a fist. I then punched the dummy as hard as I can making it bounce around the room.

[Y/N]: WHOA! AMY, A LITTLE HELP!

Amy: On it.

A claw emerges out of the wall and it grabs the dummy before it could hit me. I sighed a relief as the claw puts the dummy down on the floor before submerging back into the wall.

[Y/N]: Let's see the dummy, shall we?

I checked the dummy as I see that the spot where I punched had a hole. I smiled as I tapped the device and it retracted back to my wrist.

[Y/N]: Looks like we did it! High five!

I raised my hand up into the air as a glove goes flying for my hand. It slaps my hand as it just falls to the ground.

[Y/N]: Eh. Close enough.

I hear a knock on the door as the door opens on it's own thanks to Amy. Melissa was now in view as I smiled at her.

[Y/N]: Hey, Melissa. What brings you here?

Melissa: Heard a couple crashes in here. Thought I should check.

[Y/N]: Don't worry. Just trying out a new prototype.

I say as I push the prototype on the table towards her. She picks it up and examines the prototype.

Melissa: A strength enhancer, huh? It's impressive how you use Nitinol to make this.

[Y/N]: Niti-what-now? I just used whatever goods for armor.

Melissa: *giggles* You don't know your metal, do you?

[Y/N]: I just ask Amy if it's good or not.

Amy: Study more, you lazy slime.

[Y/N]: Yeah, maybe later.

Melissa laughs as she places the prototype on the table, while I wash my hands. Melissa sees a picture of my mom and dad but the face of my dad was crossed out.

Melissa: Do you ever wonder what your dad looks like?

[Y/N]: Not interested. Mom said to mind my own business so I don't really care. Anyway, how's your side been doing?

Melissa: Doing well. Any plans for I-Expo tomorrow?

As this thought comes up I widened my eyes. I then look at Melissa and grab her shoulders.

[Y/N]: THANK YOU!

Melissa: U-Uhm- You're Welcome???

I run out the lab leaving Melissa in the lab. I came back to the lab to grab my phone and go back to leaving.