Seeing Him

(Y/n's pov)

I'm so glad that my first day of school is finally over. I already have homework to do, but that's fine. It gives me something to do for when I get home. But right now I need to find the Girls Volleyball Club, and I think I'm lost.

*shoes squeak in the distance*

Oh, that sounds like something. I guess I'll just have to check it out.

You walk slowly down a pathway towards double doors that are slightly open, the noise you heard coming from inside.

*door opens creakily*

"Sorry for the intru-"

They're boys.

This definitely isn't the Girls Volleyball Club, but it is a volleyball club of sorts. I think I've caught them mid practice. One of them is flying mid air right before me, his arms back and his feet up, ready to smack the ball down onto the floor.

*looks over at you and deadpans*

Oh no, I've distracted him! He's completely missed the ball and it's heading straight towards me!

*you steady yourself, waiting for the ball to hit, closing your eyes*

(Tanaka's pov) 

I'm gonna get this ball over the net, and I'm gonna score the point. I may not be the Ace, but my spike is still powerful enough to break through Nishinoya's receive. I know I can do this. I know i-

*door squeaks*

"Sorry for the intru-"

What the hell?! Why's there a girl there?! She's pretty hot too.. Tawagoto! I've missed the ball!

*you steady yourself, waiting for impact*

(Third person pov)

Tanaka runs quickly over to you and catches the ball, inches away from your face.

"Ahh! G-gomennasai!" *bows*

"D-daijobu. Sorry for disrupting your practice. My name is Y/n. I'm a transfer student from Shiratorizawa and I'm a First year. Pleasure to meet you." *bows*

"From Shiratorizawa? Wow. I'm Tanaka Ryu, Second year at Karasuno, as you know. Are you alright?"

"Yes actually. I was looking for the Girls Volleyball Club, but I got lost on my way there. I could help but notice, are you a wing spiker?"

"Yeah I am. What position do you play?"

"Hey! You two!" 

You both jolt at the sound of Daichi's serious tone as he marched his way over to you, looking you up and down. "What's going on here? We're supposed to be practicing, not having a chat!"

You both look at each other with fear in your eyes and look back at him, bowing simultaneously. "Gomen!"

"I-I'm sorry. I was looking for the Girls Volleyball Club, but I stumbled upon you guys. You're really good by the way.." You utter, your face going crimson.

Daichi smiles. "Oh, why didn't you just say so? Would you like us to help?"

You nod shyly. "H-hai.." You pull out your school map and point at which direction you came from. He then looked at you in bafflement and simply turned it the right way up. "It would help if it wasn't upside down kohai.."

"Ahh! Gomen!" You bow repeatedly, blushing nonstop. Tanaka stands there staring at you whilst the rest of the volleyball team walk over to see what was going on.

(Tanaka's pov)

*smiles*

She's not very smart. Well, neither am I to be honest. She's very pretty though.. 

"Hey Tanaka-kun, what's going on here?" Nishinoya beams, leaping onto my back, making me lose my balance slightly.

"N-noya-san, there's a girl right there.*points* Ain't she pretty?"

"Oh, yeah she is! She isn't as pretty as Kiyoko-chan, but she's definitely a close second. Should we go talk to her?"

"Nah, I don't think I wanna."

*all the boys look at him*

"WAH?!"

(Y/n's pov)

All the boys turn to face Tanaka and make a whale noise. I don't know why, but I'll just ignore it. I think it'd be best if I thank them and be on my way.

"A-arigato Daichi-san. I'm going to go now. See you later."

"Oi! Where do ya think you're going?"

(Third person pov)

Your back straightens as you slowly turn to face the group of boys behind you, scared of moving another step.

"I-I'm going to the Girls Club.."

"Do we not get to see what you can do?"

"Er- erm.." You stand there, twiddling your hair between your fingers out of nervous habit, unsure about what to do.

A boy with silver hair walks over to you and smiles, putting a hand on your shoulder. "It's alright kohai. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to."

"I-its fine, really. I-I'll give it a go.."

"Yay!" They all cheer. The blonde-haired manager struggles to catch a volleyball that's thrown at her whilst you ready yourself on the court.

"Kageyama, you can toss!" Daichi shouts to a boy with crow-like hair.

"Hai!" He says as he runs over to his spot, eyeing you up the entire time.

"Ready?" The manager asks. You nod your head in unison with the setters, and you start to run as she throws the ball in the air.

...

Hiya birbs. This chapter may be a bit of a mess, gomen 🙏. All criticism is appreciated, but other than that, I hope you enjoyed it. Yet again, if ud like me to continue, pls say so 🙏.

Luv yall. Thx sm for reading and upvoting on this book already. Hope you enjoy the rest of it 😊🧡.