♥ Chapter 3 ♥

I can't say this enough, but thank you for all the positive feedback!

Word Count: 1803

It's shorter than the other 2 but not by much. Hope you enjoy!

_____________________________________

Y/N's POV

I gasp when I open the box. A beautiful wedding dress was inside, it looked older but perfectly in shape and not ruined by old age. "I want you to have it." She said softly, placing her hand on mine. I look up at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"I can't take this from you Mrs. Sheehan. It's beautiful but I can't." I say but she shook her head.

"I have no use for it now and you have time to decide if you want to use it for when you get married." She sits down next to me as she is saying this.

"I doubt don't that we won't get married but what if Robert and I don't. I wouldn't want to use it then." I started to ramble.

"Y/N you don't even have to use it for a wedding. Use it however you like." She insists. "I know you aren't close with your own mother." Robert was in the corner recording all of this. I almost forgot that he was there.

"Thank you so much." I whisper softly and give her a big hug.

Saying my mother and I aren't close is an understatement, we aren't "close" because I haven't seen her since I was twelve. My parents never got married and co-parented me, my dad remarried a barista who just graduated from high school and had my little brother Ian, my mom had a lot of different boyfriends. When I was 10 she had my little sister with one of her boyfriends who she actually seemed to like, but they ended up breaking up and he didn't want custody so my mom was stuck with my sister. She always made sure she reminded us that our fathers were no good pieces of shit.

Every time I was at my dad's his wife would remind me that my dad took away her college party years because she was so young when they got married and had Ian. My sister came with me to my dad's house most of the time and he treated her like his own.

When I was twelve my mom got a new boyfriend, he was older and richer than other boyfriends, I actually liked him. He seemed good for my mom. He was even good to us, he bought me new clothes and shoes. I think I got into fashion because of him. He would buy my sister toys and clothes as well. We even moved into one of his houses instead of the tiny apartment we had. Everything was going good until he asked my mom to go on a trip with him. They ditched us for this vacation, they ended up moving there and my dad got custody of me. He even adopted my sister because of it.

My dad and I haven't talked in years because he didn't approve of my career choice. He didn't think I would make enough money making plus size clothing. I love my dad and what he did for my sister and I but he thought he could control my life.

The only person I am close with in my dysfunctional family is my brother. He hasn't met Robert yet, only because he moved to New York, every time I've been Robert wasn't with me.

"Well wasn't this a cute moment." Robert imposes, he had a wide smile on his face. I roll my eyes at him.

"And guess who ruined it." I joked, picking up the box to put it with my luggage in his room. When I came back out Robert was sitting at the table playing with the rim of his cup of coffee. "Didn't you have more things planned for us today?" I asked and wrapped my arms around him as he sat in the chair. My head rested on his.

"Yeah but it's more for later." He said and yawned.

"Are there any fun stories about Robbie as a kid?" I ask looking up at his mom. She chuckles lightly and nods. "I haven't heard any and thought this was a good moment to ask." I giggle lightly and kiss the top of Robert's head; he groans lightly.