Sixty four

Nicki's P.O.V

"Onika what are you doing" Rihanna speaks in a sleepy voice as she shifts around to face me. "Sorry, did I wake you?"

Rihanna groans tiredly. "...What time is it?" She questions managing to open one eye. "I don't know" I walk over to her and attempt to kiss her.

"It's late, why you just coming home now?" Rihanna rejects my kiss and sits herself up. "I got stuck in traffic and my boss asked me to close up last minute now fix your face" I grab her face and peck her lips trying to lighten the mood.

When I see that she's not laughing my smile drops. "What's the problem?" I knit my brows as she looks me dead in the eye with a serious expression.

"Stop looking at me like that" I say frustrated and slightly intimidated by her gaze. "And you expect me to believe that? You can't look me in the eye when you lie"

"Why would I lie to you? I'm looking around because I'm nervous, especially since you're giving me that mean look I know you're going to say something out of pocket"

"What's that smell? Smells like cheap ass perfume" Rihanna pulls me in and sniffs my neck. "Sorry you don't like my perfume?" I mug her before standing up.

"And my boss had something very traumatic happen to her so I closed up for her. Thank you for asking" My voice became shaky admitting this. Before I could walk off Rihanna grabs my wrist stopping me in my tracks.

"What happened?" She questions seeing how distressed I've become. I bite my lip to prevent the tears from rolling.

"You ok?" Rihanna jumps from the bed and embraces me in a tight comforting hug. "Her son and mother...they were"

"Their bodies were found in a lake. I don't know if you saw but it's all over the news. I'm not even sure if I'm working tomorrow. She's going through a lot right now"

"Damn. Baby I didn't know I'm sorry" Rih pecks my cheek and sighs. "It breaks my heart to see her go through this. She's a nice woman and I'm sure her son and mother were good people too"

"...She opened up to me once and told me how they're her only family, she had her son at a young age and never got to tell him that she's his mother"

"That's tough" Rihanna pulls back and wipes my tears. "I mean that's a lot..."

"It is. I hope she can find her peace again. They were the last of her family" Rihanna nods in agreement. I then sigh. "Anyways it's been a long night. I'm going to take a shower"

"Ok baby" Rih whispers as I pull away.

Rihanna's P.O.V

As soon as Nicki mentioned two dead bodies I felt a chill run through my body. As soon as she left to take a shower I grabbed my phone to view the news.

To my dismay, I had five missed calls from Cyn. I would answer her but after seeing that Austin and his grandmother were the found bodies I refrain.

I mean what's done is done, yelling at me isn't going to bring them back. Nigga had it coming.

After reading some more news articles making sure no one was on to me I sigh of relief. Originally I planned on burning them to ashes but last minute I had a change of thought and decided on throwing them in a body of water to send a message.

Nicki gets out the shower twenty minutes later with a fresh face and her hair tied in a top-notch bun. She had worn a light pink satin nightgown that made her look incredibly beautiful.

I smile at her since she had a frown coming out. When she looks up she smiles back, exposing her dimples that I love.

I'm so stuck in Nicki's beauty that I don't notice her approach me. "You're reading about it?" I hear knocking me out of my zone.

"Huh? Oh yeah"

Nicki slides under the covers and wraps her arm around me. "I hope whoever did this to her son and mother get their karma. I can't imagine harming such pure souls" She comments catching me off guard.

"...Maybe the guy deserved it" I turn off my phone and place it down on my nightstand.

"No one deserves to go out like that. He probably got caught up with the wrong people and got targeted" Nicki defends.

"That's why you don't participate in shit you can't handle. Don't play a game you have no clue how it works"

Nicki remains silent for a good minute bringing tension into the room.

"I don't know if you realize it but you're being ridiculously insensitive right now. Why are you defending his killer?! I'm telling you what happened to my boss's son and her mother and you're acting like you could care less" Nicki finally speaks evidently upset.

"You're right. My fault, I'm just trying to think outside the box. We always blame the killer but what did the victims do? You know?"

Nicki looks up at me with furrowed brows. "You really need to evaluate yourself and watch what you say Rihanna. And we can stop talking about this cause you're starting to upset me"

"Babe-"

"Just stop!...Please Robyn I love you but stop talking. I have a feeling whatever your about to say is going to make things worse"