Chapter 10

I dont want a relationship. They hold you back.

I want a best friend who I can sleep with,  hustle with, shop with, travel with, club with & live with.

I want a partner in crime, a life partner.

Someone that I can laugh with & build with.

Someone that I can trust with my heart, my money, & my life.

Somebody I'm not afraid to loose because I know they will always be there.

Relationships just aren't for me.

But a partnership? Ill take that.

With everything that's been happening between me and Emily, I feel like there is no point in going on with life anymore. My soul feels blackened and charred.

With nobody left, I sleep alone, and with self endorsed thoughts that nobody else in this would would care to know.

I haven't eaten in a couple days. I have a large black cup that I refill and drink out of, but that is all. I do not wish to carry on, nor even debate if carrying on is an option anymore.

The following  night I have a dream. A strange one at that.

*

It was as if some inner being inside of me was telling me to touch it. Touch the door. Press your ear against it and listen. Take it to heart, as It always knows what is right.

I did as my inner voice told me; and listened. This is what it said to me:
Stop being so dramatic Brianna. Toughen up, grow a pair and get on with your life. Friends will come and go, but family will always be there for you, even if you think they may not be. You've gone through too much to give up. Think of all the things you have done, and think of all the things you still have left to do. You're only sixteen. Your life is only just starting. Make sure you finish it properly.
*

I sit up in my bed, drowning in pillows and comforters and blankets.  You name it, I'm  drowning in it.

After my extremely realistic dream, I sink deeper into the sea of pillows and think. After what feels like half an hour, I get up and get dressed. Throwing on a pale skirt with a loose blouse tucked in and thin black pantyhose, I head to Emily's kitchen, as I realise I am still living at her house. I leave all my belongings in my room and grab nothing more than an orange.

I am conscious of Emily's mom talking to me , but completely oblivious to what she is saying. I have a mission to fulfill.

I slide into my car, and turn the ignition. The little engine that could came to life once again. Driving from habit. Home. Finally, after weeks of living at Emilys, and no doubt having a great time, its time. Time to go home. Time to face my dad. I take the scenic route home, procrastinating the moment when I have to step through that dreaded doorway.

Looking at all the trees and plants and birds, i wonder to myself; I wonder what It would be like to be a bird. No worries, nobody you dont want to see, no drama, no money. Carefree.

If only.

All too soon I end up in my driveway. Pushing away any second thoughts of regret or turning back, I grasp the cold handle and turn it. The familiar creak of the door and bumping of the screen bring back memories.

I step inside  and scan the place. Of course, Its empty. Just as I was about to turn around and leave, I heard a small shuffle followed by a sniff. I mentally track where I thought the sound came from and head to it. I turn the corner nearest the bathroom and am surprised at who I see.

|.|.|.|.|

I nearly jump out of my skin at the sight of Emily sitting in the middle of the floor, face red, eyes puffy, makeup smeared in streaks down her face, and blowing her nose in a tissue.

"What on earth are you  doing at my house?!" I exclaim.

"Im sorry. I had no where to  go and I knew you would come eventually and i was right wasnt  I and im so sorry" Emily  rambled.

"Lets talk about this later. "

"Okay"

I grab my phone and text my dad
Im sorry. Please talk with me. I know I  screwed up big time.

"Lets go". I order Emily .

We both hop back into my car and drive back to Emilys place. I ask her whats going on , and why she isnt permanently glued to that boy of hers, but she says nothing. She barely blinks the whole ride. She just stares forward into oblivion, obviously not caring what I am saying.

"Your not alone" I whisper.

Emily turns to me this time and I see a small twitch forming on her mouth, and a tiny sparkle from her eye.

"I knew you would rescue me"