(1)

The 2022 CIK-FIA OK Senior Championship season has  come to a
close.

I was born in Milan, Italy, on the 27th of March 2008.

Racing is my life.I won the OK Senior class with Ricky Flynn Motorsport.

Soon-to-be 15-year old me is happy with her current circumstances.

I mean yeah, I enjoy my job as a racing driver.My thoughts get cut short by the ding of the microwave.

Back to reality. I get my pasta out and add some cheese before sitting down to eat. I check my Instagram post:

jocelynn.defalco☑️

Seems like my house is from the Bel Air set 🤔🤷

lilbecky and 29.854 others liked this post

Dad is driving me out to Grisignano del Zocco, in nearby Vicenza, to see the team, Prema Powerteam soon.

They asked for a hefty amount to drive for them in the 2023 F4 season, but it's expected since they provide results.

I've already packed my old overalls and helmet from my karting days into their respective bags.

Dad and Mom are always busy on their phones, calling nonstop. Or people calling them. I can't blame them.

They're both CEO's.

Specifically, for ADX Investments and DeFalco Construction Co.

My parents set them up in their mid-20's and got really successful financially, so we've had a comfortable life so far.

I got into racing when I was 7 years old, simply because I saw a silver and red car on the screen.

Fernando Alonso's McLaren.

Granted, that car was terrible, but I was hooked.

Dad took me to a rental kart track to stop me from begging him constantly to "dwive that carr"- 7-year-old me.

Looks like I got the hang of it.

I won a couple trophies and drove for some really good teams-RFM being one of them.

We arrive at the Prema HQ in the late afternoon.

We tour the facility and meet key personnel. My dad talks with the team owner in the office while I wait outside, scrolling through my phone.

After an hour, he comes out with the owner.

"We've reached an agreement. You're racing in Italian F4 this year and I've already payed for the season. Just hope your mom doesn't scold me for adding a little *extra*," he says chuckling.

I nod and stuff my phone in my pocket.

The next few hours I talk with the mechanics, do seat fitting and watch as they put my name, driver number(87) and family sponsor decals on the car.

I also use their state-of-the-art simulator to get up to speed.

We stayed the night in a nearby hotel and went back to Milan the next day.

Since then, I've been training hard with my personal fitness trainer and nutritionist to get me to 100%.

Time flies by, and it's time for pre season testing.

I arrive in the Monza paddock. The garages are bustling with activity as drivers, engineers and mechanic work their magic.

I speak a few words with my engineer before changing into my overalls. That's when I see my teammates. I nod to them and hop into my cockpit.

The morning session goes smoothly, bar a red flag as someone spun into the barriers at Parabolica.

The afternoon session goes even better, as I set the fastest lap of the day. I climb out of the car and remove my helmet.

That's it really.

In the evening, I have dinner with the team, over at a fancy restaurant in town.

The next day was a bit more eventful as I struggled to find pace, so I spent most of the day trying different setup changes.

Day 3 was exactly the same.

I head home with a bittersweet feeling in my mouth. I hope this doesn't become a recurring problem during the season.