Chapter 4 - Trouble

The new school year had seemed to have gotten of to a great start for Ana. She was of course doing well in everything so far and it appeared she was making friends though she was by far the youngest there. It was extremely puzzling when Spencer gets a call as he's about to board the jet for a case one day. "Hello? Yes this is Doctor Reid." He answered, Derek hung back with him watching his expression change. "Right... Um is there anyway maybe her Godmother Penelope could pick her up instead, I..." Spencer says before pausing to listen. "I understand, I will see you shortly, Principal Jones." Spencer said before shaking his head and hanging up the phone, the team looks at him in confusion. "What was that, Reid?" Hotch asks. Spencer explains that it was Ana's school calling to inform him he needed to come in right away for a sit down with the principal about her recent behavior and an incident that occurred that day. "Wow! Little Reid's a trouble maker?" Derek says in shock. Hotch gives him the okay to sit the case out and he heads down to the school to find out what is going on. Arriving at the school he enters to find Anabel waiting on the bench outside of the office. Spencer takes a seat next to her and waits for the principal to call them in. "What's going on, Ana?" Spencer asked her softly, she looks to the ground and says nothing. "Anabel Reid..." He says more sternly getting her attention, "I got in a fight and talked through class..." Anabel says simply knowing there was absolutely no use in lying. The principal invites them into her office and they all take a seat. The principal explains that Anabel and another student had bickered and talked loudly disrupting class and then later in the day, Anabel had shoved the kid causing them to scrape their knee. Spencer sat there in complete disbelief, this didn't sound like her at all. He'd very rarely in 8 years had to discipline her at all, and he hated that in this case he'd definitely have to but first he needed to get down to the bottom of what was actually going on with her. They leave the school and quietly ride back home. Anabel drops her backpack onto the couch with a sigh and sits, Spencer takes a seat beside her. "A fight, Ana? You know better than to resort to violence. And disrupting class? I'm going to need you to tell me right now what's actually going on and don't try to lie, you know that I can tell." Spencer scolded, and the last part was no bluff he could definitely tell when she was lying. He's a profiler, he can definitely read his on child. He looks at her expectantly waiting on an answer. "She teased me for being the youngest... And they asked why I don't have a mom, if she didn't want me..." Ana says softly. Spencer's heart shattered, he'd been through plenty of bullying some similar to her description. "Oh, Ana... Your Mother loved you very much. It's a complicated story and I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." Spencer said taking his little girl in his arms and hugging her tightly as he fought tears. "Has anyone physically hurt you?" Spencer asked. She shook her head. "I understand that you got upset, but next time you go to a teacher or you talk to me. And we'll handle it. We do not do violence." Spencer told her calmly. She nods in response. "Am I in trouble?" Ana asks with a slight pout. Spencer sighs, "Well since you're suspended for the next three days, you'll study whatever I can think up around here. Suspension is not a fun break from school." Spencer said sternly, "I understand exactly what you're going through baby. Please promise you'll talk to me if this happens again." Spencer says softly, "Okay, Daddy." Ana said linking pinky fingers with him and giving a small smile.