T W O

It's finally the day of my interview at the record store I have been dying to get a job at. The weekend went by extremely slowly as I spent the entire time doing absolutely nothing.

They booked my interview to be a little bit later so now it's about 7:00PM and I'm finally strolling down the dim street, on my way to the little store. It's only about ten minutes further than the one I had originally worked at so it's really no big deal and completely worth it.

R.I.P 2 My Youth by The Neighbourhood, plays through my headphones as I hum along and walk with a bit of a pep in my step.

After a nearly half an hour walk, I finally am stood in front of the record store. I love the way it looks. It has the same vibe as the other one due to the fact it's insanely vintage and looks really old. But this one has more of a warm and inviting vibe to it and I instantly smile because of it.

Walking through the door, a little bell chimes above my head signalling the door opening.

A little old man comes through some curtains that are behind the register as he greets me with a booming grin.

Instantly, I feel so welcomed.

"Sophie, is it?" He walks around the register and comes up to me with his hand out, offering a handshake.

"Yes, that's me." I shake his hand firmly and he then guides me through the store to a little seating area he has set up, behind shelves of records.

"I'm Tony, and I'm very excited to see what you have to offer us here." We sit down on the little retro looking stools, and my interview begins.

My interview actually went for a little longer than I had hoped as Tony and I got along quite well and ended up talking about random things to do with music and records and everyday life things.

The whole time, the scent of honey and maple filled my nose. It was a peculiar smell for a record store to have but nonetheless, I felt warm and I felt extremely comfortable.

I bid my goodbyes to Tony and he tells me I will be starting from next week as he needs to get the schedule organised.

That gives me a week of time to myself.

I walk out of the warm and inviting to store to be greeted by an empty, dark street.

I pull out my phone from my pocket to read the time that says 9:48 PM.

It's weird that people lock themselves up in their house at a time that isn't even too late but that's just how it is. And I prefer it this way. It's peaceful and I already know my thirty minute walk home will be extremely calming.

I cross the empty road that has a car drive past only every few minutes.

Walking down the concrete path, I decide not to listen to music and instead listen to the wind in the autumn air.

I hear the way the trees ruffle a little with each drift of wind and I hear further car noises. But it's peaceful. And it's moments like this where I feel my best.

Until I hear a loud thud, followed my numerous laughs.

My walking comes to a holt, as I listen to where the noises are coming from. I see a little gap between two buildings a little further up and decide to speed up my pace a bit to see what the commotion was about.

I peer into the little alleyway looking thing and let out a deep sigh of irritation as I see it's just five boys being dickheads.

Until,

"P-please. Please! I didn't do it! I swear to god, cross my heart, that I would never do it. Let me go!"

I squint my eyes and walk a little further out into the open to see if I can get a better view on what's happening.

It's a man pressed up against the wall, in obvious distress. Two brunette guys are holding him in place while one blonde one sits a little further away.

And then there's one more. A tall, lanky brunette man with very noticeably curly hair is stood in front of the man, clearly doing something extremely messed up.

Should I call the cops? What the fuck is going on right now?

I watch for few more seconds as the curly haired one throws a hard fist right in the poor mans nose.

My hand immediately flies over my mouth to muffle the gasp that leaves my lips.

"Liar." I hear the curly haired boy whisper, before pulling something out of his pocket and holding it to the mans head.

I freeze in complete and utter shock.

Is that a— gun?

My question gets immediately answered when I hear a compressed shot and the man falls to the floor, lifeless and dead.

I can't move. I'm frozen in place.

I feel my eyes sting with tears as it takes a moment to truly process what I just witnessed.

I need to run but the shock that courses through my veins keeps me stuck, solidly on the ground.

And then the curly haired boy turns and looks directly at me.

He looks so so fucking familiar but I have no time to process anything. I'm still frozen and I need to run but right in this moment, I don't know how.

"For fucks sake." I hear him mutter and I hear his deep accent.

I swallow the lump in my throat, as the other three guys immediately turn to look at me as he says that.

"Liam, get her." He turns his back away from me and I finally, finally, find the courage to run.

So I turn my back and start to sprint. But I hear footsteps thumping loudly behind me and I figure out immediately that whoever Liam is, is chasing me. And is extremely fast as well.

"Stop!" I shout back at him, as I refuse to let my legs give up running.

I get no reply as feel my wrist get yanked at full force backwards. I tumble backwards and my back is met with a hard chest.

I go to let out a scream but instead his hand is slapped onto my mouth with what feels like a cloth over it.

My legs start to weaken as my eyes start to get heavy.

I feel my tears roll down my cheeks as the thing that only happens in movies, is actually happening to me, right now.

I refuse to give up.

My legs are no longer standing as he drags my weak body, back to where that man was murdered with the three other guys.

My eyes are getting heavy and I have an immediate urge to pass out.

But I'm so much stronger than that.

Then in my peripheral vision, across the street, I notice another man walking out of a store and recognise him as Tony.

I try to let out a scream but I feel paralysed. My limbs are weak and I'm being held up by this fucked stranger.

My eyes are heavy and I am struggling to catch a breath.

I hear the same compressed shot noise and watch as Tony collapses to the ground from across the street. I watch as his soul leaves his body and the tears stream down my cheeks.

I have no idea what's happening right now, this is all happening too fast for me to even process.

I'm so fucking scared and I'm so confused.

"Liam, you're fucking hopeless." I hear the deep heavy accent once again before feeling a hard and sharp sting to my temple.

And then everything goes black.

♥︎
omg ok slowly we r easing into the juiciness