Part 11

Kit King
I remembered it.
Though I wasn't in my right mind I remember what I did. I don't know what I was thinking. It was such a stupid thing to do especially since that was my first kiss.
I didn't want to kiss Malfoy. It was just a spur of the moment thing. Yet considering how fast he walked out of the room it was not something he enjoyed or appreciated.
He left the school after that night, leaving me alone to spend Christmas with Delilah who was drowning in the amount of presents she received.
I missed Malfoy. It didn't feel the same without him here.
It made me nervous when it was time for everyone to come back. I wouldn't know what to say to him or to anyone else who noticed something off between us.

"Well someone looks happy." Blaise said as he walked over to where I sat in the common room.
"I'm always happy." I sighed and he snorted.
"Have you changed your hair? It looks darker?" He asked and I nodded.
"I was just trying out something new."
"It looks good."
"Thanks" I said, very well aware that my cheeks felt hotter.
We spoke about how Blaise's Christmas was and as the time went on, more people turned up and joined our conversation.
But one person didn't make an appearance.
"Didn't Draco stay here for Christmas?" Crabbe asked.
"He left two days before Christmas Day." I sighed.
"Well I'll be glad if he doesn't turn up at all." Pansy sighed from the armchair. "He ended things with me this holiday. I don't want to see him."
"Same here." I sighed under my breath.
Seeing him would be too embarrassing especially since I had completely forgotten that he was with Pansy. Not that I cared for her at all.
"Well everyone will be too preoccupied with the dance this term to worry about that grumpy git." Blaise laughed and I quickly turned my head to look at him.
"What?"
"Oh you won't know about it. Every year the school holds a Valentine's Day ball. They've done it for years." Goyle explained and I felt sick to my stomach.

I hated Valentine's Day and I hated dancing. It would be my worst nightmare. I shook my head at the thought of it. I guess that would be a night to myself in my room. There was no way I was putting on a dress just to sit there being miserable. I can easily be miserable in my room.

"And they make us take dance classes." Blaise said nudging my side.
"Why?"
"Because they want to make it seem fancy and they don't want us just standing around." Blaise sighed.
"Looks like I'll be skipping." I said and Blaise shot me a look.
"No no no if we all have to go then you're coming as well." He warned but I shook my head.
There was no way I was going.
"Draco!"

I didn't look up.
I didn't want to see the look of disgust on his face when he saw me.
But at the mention of his name my lips began to remember what they felt like while on his, and I remembered how his face felt cupped in my hand.
A chill went through me as I recalled the feeling.

"Move over." Malfoy said and when I finally looked up I saw that he was talking to me.
I cleared my throat and shuffled more towards Blaise as he sat down next to me.
It was surprising.
I thought he'd want to avoid me like the plague.
But instead he sat close to me, our knees almost touching, his arm slung round the back of the sofa behind me.
Everyone carried on with the conversation that we're having about how stupid the dance was but I couldn't focus on what they were saying.
I was confused and didn't understand what he was doing.

He walked out of that room quicker than I had ever seen him walk before and then left. Now he was sat next to me as if we were absolutely fine and as if nothing had happened.
Had he just forgotten about it?
Did he make himself forget about it?
Or did he remember and he just didn't want to?

As the others spoke I felt Malfoy lean closer to me until is chest was pressed against my shoulder. I felt his breath on the side of my face and my breath hitched in my throat.
"We need to talk."