𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

REAL LIFE.

"i'm just saying that if you two fools got your ass off the couch you could go to the grocery store and buy something to eat instead of complaining because you're starving."

Drew and Rudy exchanged an amused look before drifting their eyes in Madelyn's direction.

"what happened, why is Maddie yelling at you" i questioned walking out from my room still in my pajama, planning on eating something.

Maddie shrugged. "you know what, do whatever you want" she snapped, referring to the two boys, before heading to the kitchen.

i gave the boys a confused look and they shrugged. i rolled my eyes before following Madelyn to the kitchen.

"what was that?" i asked Madelyn, as i sat on the counter.

Madelyn shook her head "i'm a lil jumpy today, perhaps its the lack of fresh air".

i nodded. "did y'all already had lunch?"

Maddie let out a laugh "it's like three pm, obviously yes."

i checked the time on my phone stunned "oh my god i didn't notice it was so late, i was—"

Madelyn cut me off "let me guess, you were facetiming Marvin?" she chuckled.

i raised an eyebrow confused by her reaction.

"what do you mean?"

she giggled, shaking her head "nothing. its just that lately you're on the phone with him most of the time."

now i was even more confused.

"...and?" i frowned.

she just shook her head, heading to the fridge.

we both turned around when Drew entered in the kitchen, drawing our attention.

"uhm, Mads, we're going to the grocery store" he mumbled, scratching the back of his head. now he was wearing a jeans and a t-shirt and not his pajama anymore.

Maddie nodded, still upset for their previous bickering about something i didn't know.

"can i hug you?" Drew pouted, spreading his arms.

he was so cute with his puppy eyes and his air all over her face, i couldn't help but smile at his cuteness.

Maddie probably thought the same cause she rolled her eyes and spread her arms open.

"it's impossible to stay mad at you" she laughed as Drew pulled her into a tight hug.

"sorry if we got on your nerves" Drew said with a baby voice, causing me and Madelyn to laugh.

"okay, okay, big baby. i forgive you. now go" she said before smacking his ass playfully, causing him to let out a squeal.

"don't forget my ice cream" i yelled when Drew was almost out of the kitchen.

"i won't, lil lovesick" he joked referring to me eating ice cream every night to drown the sadness, causing me to roll my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

by the time we heard the door slam, indicating that the boys were gone, i picked up our conversation where we left off.

"Marvin is my boyfriend, what's the problem with facetiming him often?"

Madelyn chuckled "there's no problem" she shrugged.

i rolled my eyes "i know for a fact that you're itching to tell me something" i crossed my arms over my chest, still seated on the counter as she stood in front of me.

Madelyn laughed "since you're asking for it, i don't think that the reason why you're so obsessed with Marvin lately is you missing him."

my eyes widened "what the fuck? watcha talkin' about?"

Madelyn stretched her arm to reach out a bag of cheetos from the pantry. "you know" she said sarcastically as she opened it. "want some?"

i rolled my eyes "can you be serious for five fucking minutes?" i pleaded, glaring at her.

"i am, Riley."

i scoffed. "why does everything always have to be about Drew?" my voice was getting more high-pitched.

Maddie giggled, shaking her head "can't you see that? i never talked about him, you're bringing him up in this conversation" she said with a satisfied grin on her face.

i took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down.

"come on Riles, i know you too well, you can't fool me" Maddie continued to speak as she was eating her snack.

i wondered whether opening up or not with her. it's not like i didn't want to tell Maddie how i felt, the problem was that saying it out loud would make it real and not an intrusive thought.

"i'm going to lay on the couch" Maddie informed me before walking out the door. i quietly followed her.

"i'm scared that distance will kill my feelings for him" i mumbled once we where both seated on the couch. "that's why i'm trying to talk to him as much as i can" i admitted eventually.

Madelyn wrapped her arm around me, pulling me closer "you know that's not a healthy relationship?" Madelyn said softly as i felt tears filling my eyes. "this way you're hurting both yourself and him" she continued.

"i really like him, Mads. i swear i do" i cried, Madelyn rubbing my arm in comfort.

"i'm sure you do baby, it's just that you don't love him as much as you love Drew." her words felt like a punch to the gut.

"i don't know what to do" i said truthfully.

and i wasn't lying. i didn't want to hurt Marvin, but i couldn't keep using him as a rebound.

on the other hand, i didn't know how Drew felt about me, if he still liked me in that way or he had moved on.

what i knew for sure was that living in the same apartment as him 24/7 made me realize that i wasn't over him like i thought before.

i wasn't over him at all.

after all this time, i was still into him.

i still loved him.

"i know baby, but everything is gonna be alright" Madelyn hugged me tight and we stayed nestled into each other until we slowly dozed off.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

a.n.
finally Riley admitted her feelings for Drew 🥰
do you think she's gonna tell him how she feels?