Ch. 10 Fun Day

The next morning, you found yourself laying on Popee's chest. His body was so warm. Listening to his heartbeat was calming. He woke up soon after you and put a hand on your head, stroking your hair, "good morning y/n." He said with the raspy voice you loved so much. Hearing it in the morning was always something you looked forward to. "Good morning Popee." You responded. "Today is grocery day. Want to come with me?" He asked, "sure, sounds fun." You responded smiling. He smiled back, ruffling your hair. He let out a closed sigh and leaned his head back on his pillow.

The two of you eventually got up after a few minutes to get dressed and freshen up. You put on your normal clothes and Popee put on a onesie that was pretty much like his other one, except it had short sleeves. There were no buttons, but he still had his usual tail. And it exposed his neck. You both left the tent and went out by the picnic table where Papi and Kedamono were eating breakfast. Popee grabbed an apple from the table, before you left. Papi looked directly at Popee's neck. "Ooooh, my son is growing up!" He squealed, clapping his hands. "Huh?" Popee raised an eyebrow, then realized what he was talking about. He quickly covered his neck with his hand, "shut up!" He shouted, biting his apple, "come on let's go." Popee directed you.

   When you got to the store, Popee grabbed a small cart and you walked beside him, "hey, if you want you can grab a basket and I'll pay for anything you pick out." Popee offered, "are you sure? I don't want to spend your money." You worried, "don't worry, you live with us now so I'm willing to buy you anything." He smiled. You smiled back nervously, "well if you insist." You responded, grabbing a basket. The two of you walked down each isle, looking around at all the food. While Popee was picking out groceries you were picking out...snacks.

   "Alright, I got chicken, sausage, eggs, rice, noodles, vegetables, fruit, lighter fluid, matches, and knives. What about you?" He asked, "uh...Pocky, a big bag of chips, sour gummy worms, Reese's cups, and 4 cans of monster." You listed, giggling a little, "hm...you sure do love sugar!" He said, "yeah, I have a bit of a sweet tooth...and that includes you." You flirted. Popee blushed and laughed. "Alright, I'm guessing you're ready to check out then huh?" He asked. You nodded in response.

   You helped Popee put the groceries in the car, then he turned to look at you, "ready to go home and eat breakfast?" He asked, "yeah, I'm starving." You huffed. The two of you left and began driving back to Wolf Zircus.

   You eventually made it back after some time and helped Popee put the groceries away in the kitchen. "What would you like me to make for you?" He asked, "hm...I would like eggs" you responded, "of course! Sunny side up or an omelette?" He asked again. "Surprise me." You said in a slightly flirty tone. You pulled on one of his bunny ears, watching it bounce when you let go. You gripped the collar of his jumper, pulling him in for a kiss. His face grew red and he smiled nervously. While he cooked, you hugged him from behind, squeezing his thin waist, "y/n, stop! That's distracting!" He whined. "Fine, I'll go wait outside." You responded walking out of the tent.

   Popee came out holding a plate with your omelette. He placed it down in front of you at the table, "enjoy!" He said happily. It smelled amazing, just like everything else he's ever cooked. You took a bite, enjoying the flavor, "mmm...Popee this is delicious! What's in it?" You asked. "Cheese, garlic, onions, salt, pepper, and milk." He responded. You took another bite, and eventually the whole thing was gone in less than two minutes. "You must've really liked it huh?" He asked, amazed at how quickly you ate it. You nodded, putting your plate and chopsticks in the metal tub and filled it with hot water and soap. When you finished, you walked up to Popee, "thank you Popee." Your voice was genuine but still had a flirty undertone to it. This confused Popee a little, but he liked it. "Popeeee how come you don't make us breakfast anymore?" Papi whined, walking up behind the two of you. "I made you pancakes, now go away!" Popee demanded. "Ohhh, fine...I get it, you're finally starting to understand love." Papi teaser poking Popee in the shoulder, "what are you talking about? Just go away!!" Popee demanded once again. Papi crossed his arms and stomped off with Kedamono.

   "Want to go practice some tricks? I'll teach you how to catch a bullet with your teeth!" Popee suggested excitedly. "NO. How about some karate?" You suggested something safer, "Ugh, fine. You're no fun" Popee pouted. "Hm...to be fair...how about we practice some knife play later?" You said in a flirty tone. Popee felt a bit tingly, but was happy you wanted to do some knife tricks, "well that's a good change of pace!" He responded. His tail was wiggling. He didn't know why, but he ignored it. He took your hand and went to the storage room to get some props for karate.