𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐬.

𝚓𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿.
𝚗𝚘𝚗-𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚝.

"—𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚕 𝚊 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚣𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚜𝚢𝚖𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎, 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎

𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚣𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 𝚜𝚢𝚖𝚙𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚢
𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚢𝚋𝚎, 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚋𝚎.."
_________________________

The lively ambiance underneath the obscurity of nightfall immersed Yasmine as she pushed past the weighted security door to her apartment building.

Instantly thrusted into a sensory overload as frustrated taxi drivers honked, groups of friends prowled the street looking for a late-night vice to fulfill their cravings and the distinct scent of piss and an overflowed trashcan nearby lingered.

Although she moved to the outskirts of Canarsie, Brooklyn was still Brooklyn and New York was gon always be New York despite a change in location.

As muggy temperatures clamored at her skin for secretion Yasmine brought her hand up to fan her face before she looked to her left before her right.

Spotting a glossy, black Mercedes-Benz glimmering from the murky post-light just a few vehicles ahead stood a figure propped against the passenger door.

Picking out that obscure silhouette anywhere, Yasmine felt a grin playing at her features before playfully squinting at the figure; ducking and flailing around on the bustling sidewalk before she caught the man kiking at her antics as he smiled.

"—uh! I know that isn't who I think it is!"

Approaching Poppa, his ominous presence gradually shedded the closer Yasmine sauntered
as his muscular physique stretched out his cobalt blue Balenciaga t-shirt and Amiri patched denim while his gold jewels twinkled in the light.

"What! No Mike or Dread today?" She animatedly voiced, "—oh, I just know Trey is lurkin 'round!"

"Yo, you stupid Yas." Bashar stifled out a laugh, before shuffling his feet from the edge of the curb to walk and embrace his childhood bestfriend.

Enraptured into his world of potent African oils and remnants of marijuana seeping within his dark hue, Yasmine's slim digits glided across each crater of his back while Bashar's bulbous fingers did the same against the soft flesh of her exposed back.

"Where've you been mama? You've been dodgin the fuck outta a nigga." Pop's baritone voice retorted.

"Haven't seen a nigga since his birthday party and shit.." Bashar attempted to mumble, but Yasmine took heed of his low register as she jerked her head from his collarbone to screw her face up at him.