8

Spy quickly let go of Sniper's shirt and pulled away, just far enough to meet Sniper's eyes. The sudden separation felt so out of place and strange, it felt like two ice cubes melting in reverse.

Spy stared at him. He was right there, inches away but he was so so far. He wanted to apologize. He wanted to ask 'do you want this too?'. He wanted to know if Sniper was looking for a one night stand or something more. He wanted to ask if that bastard felt the same thing he was feeling. He wanted to kiss him again and again and again and again and do nothing else for the rest of his life. He wanted to get the fuck out of Germany and never speak if this again. He wanted to wake up to find Sniper at his side. He wanted to hold him close and whisper sweet nothings in his ear. While he sat, staring, thinking of everything he wanted a hand slid over and took his.

"Tell me to shut up or pretend you didn't hear me if you disagree but..." Sniper kept his eyes to the ground and ran a hand through his hair. "Eh, but-"

Sniper was cut off by the ringing of a phone, Neither of them moved for a moment; hoping if they stayed still, if they held their breaths, the world would stop just for a moment... But the world didn't stop and the phone rang and they had to breathe again.

Sniper stood and took the call. Spy sat in front of the crackling fire, feeling colder than he'd ever felt before. He ran a hand through his hair and let out a sigh that came out much shakier than he'd expected. He got to his feet and suddenly realized he really needed a smoke. He slipped on some shoes and quietly made his was the the door, pulling on a jacket, Sniper's jacket, before going outside and lighting up.

He took a long drag as he leaned against the front of the house, he looked up to the sky and took in the sight of all the stars before blowing the smoke out slowly. He closed his eyes and felt Sniper's hand on his cheek again but when he opened his eyes back up all he could see was the night sky. He cursed under his breath and snuffed the cigarette out on the front door before entering the house again. He simply lounged on the couch waiting for Sniper to finish whatever call he was on. He had one ankle crossed over the other knee and he was leaning back comfortably.

"That was Pauling, no?" Spy asked, running a hand through his hair again as Sniper entered the room, phone down by his side.

"Yeah... yeah it was Pauling." He cleared his throat before sliding the phone in his pocket. "Apparently," Sniper started with a sigh. "The BLU activity was a false alarm, they thought we'd send all out guys up here and leave our intel unguarded. She says we don't need to rush but we don't have anymore work to do up here." He approached and flopped down beside Spy, throwing his arm over the back of the couch.

"I suppose it would be best to leave tomorrow morning, incase they need us anytime soon." Spy cleared his throat.

"Guess it would..." Sniper trailed off. "I'll uh take care of the dishes, then I think I'll be heading to bed." He cleared his throat.

"I'll help you-"

"No no, it's alright I've got it." He waived his hand dismissively and headed towards the kitchen.

Spy ran a hand through his hair, letting a few strands fall out of place before rising to his feet and walking to the bedroom. He got out all his toiletries, washed his face and brushed his teeth  before undressing for bed. Considering 'his husband' would be laying beside him he wore a tank top and shorts as he didn't want to undress to a level that would make either of them uncomfortable.

He picked a side of the bed and started to get comfortable, the bed was soft and the blankets were warm, it was a nice house. Spy moved to take up only a small amount of space while remaining comfortable, just starting to doze off when he heard the footsteps and the door creaking open. He was always a light sleeper, he had to be; so even though Sniper was obviously trying his best to stay quiet Spy woke up. He of course pretended to be asleep because that's one of the best ways to fall asleep.

Spy heard Sniper undressing before he felt the bed dip beside him. With his eyes closed like that it was hard not to picture what was going on around him. Hearing the clinking of Sniper's belt and the unzipping of his pants, listening to his shoes drop on the floor and hearing the fabric of his shirt raise up together and get tossed into the pile on the ground. The bed shifted again as Sniper was moving from sitting to laying down actually readying himself for sleep.

The comforting warm dark of the room mixed with the wine made his head feel fuzzy but in a warm comfortable way. He didn't feel scared he'd make a wrong or clumsy decision he just felt blissful, relaxed, safe. He shifted under the blankets so he was laying on his back, tugging the blankets up towards his neck. He found himself shifting in the dark, shifting towards the warmth beside him. Once his skin connected with Sniper's however he was shot back reality. He lay still, frozen, holding his breath.

His shoulder touched Sniper's and his heart raced. He thought back to to his lips, his smile, his hands and the his words. His words... a sentence left unfinished. What was he going to say? Was he gonna ask Spy to stop? Or maybe to continue just to have a quickie... that's not what Spy wanted. He didn't want to just get off, he wanted something more-something real, something that scared him. He wanted closeness that it was never safe to have. He wanted love.