13 | As Expected

Y/N

_

"AS I EXPECTED," Five said, tossing the room key onto the coffee table, "there's only one bed."

I was still fuming from the previous events, but I hadn't been able to get a chance to speak in the short time it took to get to the room. I wasn't sure what to say, and I wasn't sure if I wanted to say anything at all.

Brushing past him, I kicked off my shoes in annoyance, "you've gotta be kidding me."

I didn't want to share a bed with that jerk, so unless he did something to justify the situation, he'd be sleeping on the floor. I would have made him sleep in the car, but I was scared to be alone in a motel with that creepy man.

"Not kidding," he said, shrugging his shoulder.

"Great."

"This is like the plot of every romantic fanfiction out there," the boy laughed, "I always called it cliche, but here it is, happening right now."

I raised an eyebrow, "so you've read fanfictions?"

"No, but Klaus does."

"Interesting."

"I don't suppose the shower here is any good," he mumbled under his breath, starting to unbutton the jacket of his uniform. A few moments later, he paused, and turned to look at me, "do you want to go first?"

"First for what?" I questioned.

"To take a shower?"

"I don't trust the water in this place."

"Very well then," he stated, tossing his jacket onto the bed and striding into the bathroom.

As the door clicked shut behind him, I heard the sound of running water start to trickle through the thin walls. Letting out a sigh, I wandered over to the cream-colored mattress and collapsed onto it in exhaustion.

I had so much on my mind.

I had so much I wanted to talk about. Talk to him about. I didn't really know how to have a serious conversation with him, because it always ended up in a fight, a sarcastic battle, or someone storming out of the room.

It never really ended well, and I doubted we would either.

Turning to my right, I noticed his jacket lying next to me, the navy fabric clashing against the bed sheets. Picking it up, I brought it closer to me in interest. It smelled slightly like bitter coffee, faded cologne, and car exhaust.

"Coffee addict," I laughed under my breath, setting it back down.

Then I stopped myself.

I was supposed to be mad at him! I was supposed to yell at him for kissing me back in the lobby, not noticing the scent he carried. Those were classic signs of....mild infatuation.

I knew all about that subject, and I didn't want to fall back through that hole again.

Closing my eyes, I tried to let my mind wander away from the sounds of the shower running in the room next door. Away from Five.

"Please tell me you aren't dead," a voice said suddenly, apparating into the room.

I shot up, dizzy with surprise. As soon as I decided not to think about Five, he happened to appear right in the room. Wonderful...He had changed back into the base of his uniform, but his hair was still dripping with water.

"Will you stop scaring me like that?" I huffed, turning away, "and why would I be dead?"

"You were oddly silent."

"That's not odd."

"It is," he grinned, leaning against the wall, "I was waiting for you to bust the door down and try and kill me."

I stuck out my tongue in offense, rolling my eyes, "killing you takes too much time."

"So you do want to kill me."

"As of now? Yes."

"Do it then."

I cocked a brow in confusion, "what?"

"Kill me."

"No," I stated, slumping back onto the bed, "I'm not going to do that."

"Why not?" Five pressed, his sarcastic tone creeping back in, "is it because you don't know how to use your powers?"

"Oh, shut up!"

"Why won't you tell me?"

"Because my powers are my business, and not yours!"

"Just spit it out!"

"No," I said, narrowing my eyes, "I'm not going to tell you, and I never will, because I have little to zero respect for you."

Five looked taken aback when I said that, and uncrossed his arms. I didn't like it when he pressed me for answers, that's all. I felt like the only reason he brought me along was to figure out what I was hiding from him.

I'm a person, not a Rubix Cube. I'm not something he has to solve.

"You don't respect me?" he said softly, brushing his damp hair out of the way, "why?"

"Just forget it, Five."

"You can tell me."

"Well, why don't you tell me what the hell you did back there," I said, sitting back up, "why aren't we talking about that instead?"

"Talking about what?"

"The fact that you kissed me?"

Once it clicked in his mind that it wasn't something I had forgotten about, Five let out a heavy sigh. He looked like he didn't know what to say. After a few moments of thinking, he finally mumbled something out:

"It was the only way we could get this room." he explained poorly, "there's no other motel in a fifty mile radius, and neither of us wants to sleep in the car."

"But that was my first kiss," I hissed, "you jerk!"

"How am I a jerk?"

"Because you didn't even ask for consent, you just kissed me, and now you're making it seem like my first kiss meant nothing!"

"I thought you did consent!" He said defensively, "you tapped back twice!"

"What?"

"I told you I'd tap you twice to ask if you were okay with something, and you tapped back twice! I thought you were okay with it!"

"I didn't know what you were doing!"

"I thought you did!"

"That doesn't justify that you're making my first kiss feel like nothing!"

"How the hell am I making it like that?"

"Just shut up Five," I huffed, collapsing onto the pillow, "I'm going to sleep.

Closing my eyes, I listened to the sound of the boy muttering curses under his breath. Just so you know, I'm not being dramatic. For someone who was hidden away all thier life, left with no one to talk with, it was horrible. To top it all off, I had my first kiss taken away by a miscommunication. That sucks.

Really sucks.

Staring into the pitch black void of my mind, I tried to ignore the sound of Five clambering in next to me, the sheets crumpling around him. I tried to ignore his entire presence as I drifted off to sleep.

But before I could, I heard him mutter something under his breath.

"It meant something," he said.