Prolouge

Sometimes I wonder if I'm truly happy. There are days when happiness is in the air and I feel on top of the world. Then there are other days when I want to curl up into a little ball and cry; forget. There's the days when the darkness is so overpowering that it completely destroys you from the inside out. Slowly. Sometimes all at once. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

That's what depression does to you. It nips away at you piece by piece until eventually, you become nothing; an empty shell. The note in a bottle forgotten at sea. At least, it makes you think you've been forgotten.

Some days you pay no mind to those on the outside. You're so numb, so tired, that all feeling and all motivation to do even your daily activities, is gone. And like that, your want to keep your heart beating.

Your mind is a powerful thing. So incredibly powerful. It controls everything, really. How you're feeling and how it affects you. It controls your emotions. Whether you want to feel happy or sad in certain situations.

You see, your mind can be a prison. A prison that even the most evil masterminds could not escape from, even if they tried.

I am no mastermind and I portray no evil, but even I knew that I could not escape the prison that was my mind.