Chapter 3: The Quidditch World Cup and Chaos at the Campsite

Harry, Ron and Hermione see salesmen apparating every few feet, carrying carts full of merchandise. They walk up to one to have a look. Harry sees luminous rosettes-green for Ireland and red for Bulgaria. Both rosettes squeal the names of the players, he also sees loads of green pointy hats with dancing shamrocks on them, Bulgarian scarves with lions on them that really roared, and flags from both countries that played their national anthems when you wave them. There were also collectible figures of famous players, which walked across the palm of your hand. Ron said to Harry, "I've been saving my pocket money all summer for this." Both Harry and Ron bought the dancing shamrock hat and the green rosettes. Ron also bought the miniature figure of Krum as well. They watched as the miniature figure of Krum walked back and forth on Ron's palm, frowning as the figure looked up at the green rosette Ron was wearing. Harry spots another cart carrying what looks like, brass binoculars. Harry said, "Wow! Look at these!" They hurry over to look. As Harry looks at these brass binoculars, he notices that they each had several knobs and dials.The saleswizard who saw them hurry over, said eagerly, "Omnioculars! You can replay action, slow everything down and they flash up a play-by-play breakdown if you need it! I'll give it to you all at a bargain, Say.... 10 galleons each!" Ron sighs, "Wish I hadn't bought the hat now...." He looks at the omnioculars with a longing look in his eyes. Harry pulls out his money and said, "4 pairs please." Ron goes red as he said, "No, don't bother." Ron was always jealous that Harry had more money than he did, thanks to Harry inheriting the money his parents left him. Harry said, as he gives Ron the omnioculars, "It's ok, Ron, alright. I wanted to buy them for all 4 of us. If you don't take it, then you won't get anything for Christmas." Ron grins, "Fair enough." Harry grins as he hands Hermione her omnioculars. Hermione said, "Oooh, thanks Harry! I'll get us some programs." They return to their tents with a much lighter money bag. Bill, Charlie, Ginny and Snape were all wearing the green rosettes, while Mr. Weasley held an Irish flag. Fred and George had no souvenirs since they gave Bagman all of their gold. Harry hands Snape the omnioculars and said, "I got this for you dad." Snape smiles as he takes it, as he said,"Thank you, Harry. I will definitely be using these tonight." Harry grins, "Me too, dad." All too soon, a booming gong was heard. It sounded like it came from the other side of the woods. Green and red lanterns lit up, lighting up a path that lead to the Quidditch Pitch. Mr. Weasley said excitedly, "It's time! Come on! Let's go!" Snape chuckles in response. Holding on to the merchandise that they bought, they followed Mr. Weasley into the woods. They follow the lit lanterns, all the while, they could hear thousands of people waking along with them. Some were chatting excitedly while others were singing. Harry was so excited that he couldn't stop grinning. They walked through the woods for 20 minutes, talking and joking around, until they came out of the woods. Harry's jaw drops open as he sees the size of the Quidditch pitch. The Quidditch pitch was big enough to house 10 cathedrals, easily and it was surrounded by a golden wall. Mr. Weasley smiles, "Seats about 100,000. Ministry task force of 500 have been working on it all year. Muggle Repelling Charms on every inch of it. Every time muggles go anywhere near it, they would suddenly remember appointments they need to go to and leave, bless them." They reach the nearest entrance where many witches and wizard were slowly entering. Once it was their turn, the ministry witch looks at their tickets and said, "Prime seats! Top box! Straight upstairs, Arthur! As high as you can go!" The stairs in the Quidditch Pitch were lined with purple and gold carpets. They start climbing the stairs, making their way to the top. As they continue to climb higher, the crowd thin. They could see the crowd going through the doors in the stands that was to their left and right. They kept climbing, until they reached the top of the stairs and found themselves in a small box. It was set at the highest point of the stadium and it was halfway between the golden goal posts. There were about 20 purple and golden chairs that stood in 2 rows. Harry sits with with Weasleys and Hermione in the front seats. Snape sits next to him and looks around the field. Harry looks around the field, amazed at what he was seeing. 100,000 witches and wizards were taking their seats, before the game starts. The seats rose in levels around the Quidditch Pitch. 3 goal hoops stood on either end of the field and were 50 feet high in height. Right across from them, at eye level, was a huge blackboard. There was golden handwriting popping up on the board as if someone was writing on it, then wiping it away. The writing were of advertisements, such as: The Bluebottle: A Broom for all the Family. Safe and reliable and with Built-in Anti-Burglar Buzzers.... Mrs. Skower's All-Purpose Magical Mess Remover: No Pain, No Stain!.... Gladrags Wizardwear-Locations in London, Paris and Hogsmeade.... Harry looks away from the sign and looks over his shoulder to see who else was sitting in the box with them. So far, they were the only ones there, except for a small house elf sitting in the 2nd to last seat, at the end of the row behind them. The house elf was wearing a kitchen towel in a form of a toga. It had its face hidden in its hands. However, her bat-like ears were very familiar....