Chapter 40:Valentine

It was a Friday morning when I woke up. I checked the clock and quietly grabbed my robe. I closed the door behind me and I headed out to the kitchen. I saw Meredith already there. "Good morning" I said to her.

"Good morning" she answered smiling. I got the pancake batter from the fridge and let it sit while I made a cup of coffee. I made some pancakes and Meredith and I talked. I leaned against the counter while holding my cup of coffee.

I saw Sodapop come down the stairs.

"Good morning" he said.

"Morning" I answerd.

"Good morning" Meredith said.

I smiled. I left my cup of coffee down on the counter.

"Feel free to serve yourself some pancakes." I said towards soda. He nodded and smiled.

"Thank you." He said.

I walked up the stairs and into the room. Steve was still asleep. He had his arms crossed infront of him. I laughed. I never knew why he always slept while holding a pillow or like he was holding something. Until his mom told me that he sleeps that way because he was so used to hugging someone or something. So when he feels alone, he hugs a pillow or just crosses his arms. Which I find adorable and sweet.

I went up to him and sat down next to him on the bed.

I placed a kiss on his forehead and cheeks. All the way to his lips. He shuffled in bed and opened his eyes. Staring at me

"What an amazing way to wake up." He said as he looked at me. I smiled and kissed him again.

"You have work in thirty. Breakfast is served and warm. Waiting for you downstairs." I said.

He nodded and kissed me again and I walked down to the living room.

He came downstairs dressed and sat down. The phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Hey Elena.  Is Sodapop there?" Darry asked.

"Yes, let me get him on the phone for you." I said setting the phone down and signaling Sodapop to come over. He grabbed the phone and talked quietly with Darry.

After talking, he hung up.

"Steve. Boss says we have the day off." He said. Steve's face lit up a little and he ate more food. I laughed.

"Why's that?" Meredith asked.

Sodapop looked at her and suddenly Meredith seemed to understand why.

——————————————————

Sodapop headed home to hangout with his brothers who had the day off. Meredith would join them, but she had work.

Steve said he wanted to stay in because he wasn't feeling too well.

I made a chicken soup for when he wakes up and I'm sitting on a stool at the island bar doing monthly paperwork. I was thinking of selling the bakery since I didn't really work there anymore.

I was signing some papers, when I saw Steve from the corner of my eye. He was leaning on the door frame looking up.

"Hey baby, feeling any better?" I asked without looking away, signing more papers.

"Yeah." He said quietly. I looked up at him.

"Hey whats wrong?" I asked. He looked like he was gonna cry.

"I'm fine." He said. He came around and to my surprise, he came around and sat on my lap.

"Oh." I said as he wrapped his arms and legs around me. I giggled as I wrapped my arms around his waist, avoiding him from falling.

"What's wrong huh?" I whispered.

"I just want you to hug me." He said. I smiled and held him tight.

"Steve."

"Hm?"

"We should move to the bed, I can't feel my legs." I said.

He laughed and stood up. Picking me up and taking me to our bed.

We layed down. He got in my arms and layed his head on my chest.

"I want you to kiss me." He said.

I smiled slightly and kissed him. Planting kisses on his face and on his lips. We both ended up falling asleep.

—————————————————

When I woke up, I was alone in the room. I heard a knock on my door and I got off bed, opening the door. I saw Steve standing there with a teddy bear and a bouquet of roses.

"Oh Steve." I said as I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Happy Valentine's Day." He said. I smiled. It was late at night and was surprised he found a store open.

We walked into the room. We layed in bed and began kissing. But tonight, we both wanted more from eachother. So, we began to undress. I got on top of him, with a knee on either side of him. He sat up and pulled away from the kiss. Starring at me. In silence.

"What?" I asked staring at him.

"You're just so beautiful" he said. I smiled and kissed him.

And we picked up where we left off.

————————————————-

The candles in the room were lit. And he was laying on his side, using his arm to support his weight. He stared at me.

"Elena. I love you. And I don't imagine a life without you."

I stayed in silence. Taking it all in.

"Elena. Tell me you love me." He whispered.

I adjusted my body.

"I love you Steve. I have always loved you. All my life I've loved you blindly, without knowing. I've loved you long before the ocean and the land met. Long before the starts in the sky formed constellations. And the day I met you. The day I knew you were the one. Was the day I lived.." I said.

"Promise me you'll live for the both of us."

"Oh Steve. Come on don't ruin the moment. We still have two weeks together." I said.

"I know, but promise me now." He said.

"Steve. I promise to live for the both of us."

He looks at me and held me tight. Never wanting to let go. "Tonight, I want you to hold me tight and never let me go." He said

I closed my eyes, drifting away. But I had a feeling.

I was happy. I was in love. Everything was going perfect. I am the luckiest girl.