§ dark dragons and firework umbrellas §

After a long day of lighting candles, Misty and Amaya were lounging around, Misty was reading a book called "Dark Dragons:the most dangerous creatures in the world of sky". While Amaya was still planning her firework umbrella.

Misty flipped to a page where there was a picture of a baby dark dragon. "Dark dragons can be dangerous even in baby form",the caption read.
Misty shuddered. The picture had the baby dragon targeting a child of light's foot with its blue circle of vision coming from its eye. Except it was red. Mainly because the dragon sensed a creature of light.

Meanwhile, Amaya was talking to herself; "Hmmm, what should I name it..." "Oh I know! Actually no, that's a stupid name..." "Wait! Maybe..."

"Amaya can you shut up for a moment so I can read in peace?" Misty snapped.

"Oh okay. Was I talking to myself?" Amaya wondered.

Misty didn't reply. Her eyes were caught on a page that read; "Baby dark dragon taming, how to make the dangerous creatures your loving friends." There was a picture of a child of light patting a baby dark dragon on the head. Under the picture there was a caption that read; " When the dark dragons grow up they will become bigger and stronger, but if you know how to speak their language they won't accidentally hurt you...more on page 45"
Their language?
Misty turned the page.
The heading read; "Guide to Learn the Dark Dragon Language"
Below there were common phrases, like a low warble for a simple "hello", or a high pitched squeak for "goodbye".

By the time it was dinnertime, Misty knew how to say, hello,goodbye, thank you, your welcome, and much more. She even spoke dark dragon at the dinner table!

"Grrrr" Misty growls.
"Huh?" asks Amaya, confused.
"I mean-pass the beans" Misty corrects herself.
Amaya does not pass them to her.
"Why'd you growl then?" Amaya asks.
Misty answers,"I'm learning dark dragon so I can get a pet"
"What?! Are you crazy?! Those things are dangerous!" Amaya panics, what is going on in her friend's mind?

Misty gets up from the table. She walks over and grabs the book. She walks back to the table and hands Amaya the book.

Amaya looks at the page of words in dark dragon.
"Woah"

"They seem pretty cool but don't go near me with that thing." Amaya points to the dark dragon targeting the child of light.

Amaya's eyes glitter with excitement,"How about we go to the wasteland tomorrow and get the things we need? You can get your dragon, and I can light some candles!"

"Erm..." Misty wasn't sure if she could face the adult dragons yet.

"Well?" Amaya's eyes sparkled.

Misty sighed, "Okay"

§

Misty couldn't sleep that night. She was gonna have a real dark dragon!

Would it play with toys?
Would it bite?
Would it be okay with mantas?
Would it like her?

Misty tossed and turned all night, thinking about the dragon.
Most of all, Was she making a wrong choice going to the wastelands? Was she risking her life? Did she know enough dark dragon? Only one way to find out...