Threads of Gold

✸ ✸ ✸

𝐃𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 | وقف

For those who choose themselves first and for those still learning to

—————

𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐇 | ایپی گراف

I carry the sun in a golden cup. The moon in a silver bag.
~ W. B. Yeats

—————

𝐒𝐘𝐍𝐎𝐏𝐒𝐈𝐒 | خلاصہ

Zartasha Fahim is a power hungry princess. She's charming, haughty royalty but is a woman who wants her father's throne to herself. Arzam Hyderi is a bloodthirsty king who loses himself in slaughter and conquer until he sets his eyes on Zartasha. Upon realizing that she can't be conquered, he decides to woo and win her over. Things are bound to get interesting because Zartasha is known as heartless and Arzam is relentless.

—————

𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 | معلومات

- This story is about South Asian royalty. There isn't a specific timeline since it is fiction but it's set before the twenty-first century and a few things can share similarity with medieval South Asia.
- If these fictional kingdoms were to exist in modern day, they would exist in areas of Pakistan.
- The characters are Muslim but they + their actions are NOT perfect reflections of Islam. They are humans and they are flawed.
- There will be Urdu words used in the story. The chapter titled 'Guide' is where you can find a glossary as well as pronunciations for the names. When Urdu phrases will be used in dialogue, the translations will be provided in the comments.

—————

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 | انتباہ

- Copyright 2023 @Emalax. All rights reserved. Legally this protects my work by letting you know that no part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any way or by any means. It includes; photocopying, recording, and other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. This is something I hold very close to myself and I will come after you if I see it copied.
- Read the story respectfully. You can critique me here and there but hate on my story and any type of ignorance (racism, islamophobia, etc.) will lead to you being blocked. I have no tolerance for that.
- There will be dark themes incorporated into the story and there will be immoral actions committed by the characters since this is a political power play and has to reflect the negative aspects of society and human nature to some degree.

✸ ✸ ✸

Thank you for clicking on this story and for giving it a chance!!

As a Muslim Pakistani girl, I didn't always find my representation in books so I really wanted to write this. Threads of Gold is my first story and I hope you enjoy reading it <3