𝚝𝚎𝚗

i know i said i'll be your friend
but it's too hard.

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

iMESSAGE

drewseph
where r u rn

drewseph
grocery shop
do u need smth?

no
i mean yes
i'm out of ur apartment rn

drewseph
why?
did smth happen??

no but i need to talk to u asap

drewseph
i'll be home in less than an hour

don't u worry
i'm waiting

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾

"Riley!" i slowly opened my eyes as i heard someone calling out my name and gently shaking my body.

it took me a moment to realize where i was as i rubbed my eyes and looked around confused.

i was seated on the floor near Drew's apartment door and i dozed off right there. right in front of me Drew was kneeled down with a confused yet amused look on his face.

all of a sudden i remembered why i was there and i started panicking.

Drew furrowed an eyebrow at my quick change in mood.

"i got held up, i texted you" Drew mumbled as i pulled out my phone from my the pocket of my hoodie to check the time.

i nodded sticking my hand out indicating i wanted him to help me up.

"thanks" i smiled when he did that, as we both headed to his apartment.

"what do you wanted to talk about?" he laughed, probably still thinking about me falling asleep outside of his apartment.

"yeah, it's something serious though" i spoke slowly, causing his facial expression to change from amused to worried.

"is everything okay?" he frowned.

i quickly nodded "yeah."

he headed to the kitchen with the grocery bags in his hands.

"don't you mind then if i put away the groceries as we talk?" he questioned, causing me to giggle at the weirdness of the whole situation.

"yeah, whatever" i mumbled as i followed him.

"i'm all ears" he said as he started to put the groceries away.

i parted my lips to speak but words didn't come out. actually i was so eager to talk to him that i didn't think of something to say. luckily Drew seemed too busy to pay enough attention to me and didn't noticed that i was struggling.

"do you remember when you asked me why i broke up with Marvin?" i blurt out all of a sudden, causing him to turn around abruptly.

"of course i do" now his eyes were set on me and i got his total attention.

i let out a sharp breath "i may or not have slightly lied about the real reason of the split" i said slowly, trying to play it cool even though my heart was racing.

his blue eyes were scanning my face, perhaps he was wondering what i wanted to say. i let out a smug chuckle "i knew it."

i rolled my eyes. "do you want to know why i broke up with him?" he blinked at me for seconds, before letting out a giggle. i quietly watched him as he placed his hand on the counter and crossed his feet "let's see."

"i started catching feelings for you again" i blurt out quickly causing his eyes to widen as he gasped. "or perhaps i never stopped, i just hid them for too long" i continued.

Drew opened his mouth but i cut him off before he could say anything, moving over towards him. "look i know i fucked up with you too many times and i'm totally okay if you don't want this anymore but—" i stopped stumbling as i felt his full lips on mine.

he grabbed my waist with both his hands, pulling me closer as he deepened the kiss. i gently placed one of my hand on his cheek and the other behind his neck. i couldn't help but smile against his lips, he tasted exactly like i vividly recalled. and for a second it was like we'd never been apart.

"i totally wasn't expecting this" i laughed when we both pulled away short of breath.

"Riley, i love you and all i want is you. i'm tired of losing you over my pride. i don't wanna waste one more second without you" his blue eyes were bright as he spoke slowly and my heart was beating so fast i thought it was gonna jump out of my chest.

"i love you too, Drew. you're the love of my life, anyone else was just a waste of time." i whispered against his lips, throwing my arms around his neck.

"good to hear that" he laughed against my lips, giving me shivers all over my back, before he leaned in for another kiss.

"what are you doing right now?" i let out a fit laugh as i watched him moving over the counter. he shrugged his shoulders "finishing what i have started before" he pointed at the groceries, starting to out the away.

"we just got back together after three years and a half and all you can think about are the groceries? you serious?" i rolled my eyes playfully, an amused grin on my face.

he gave me a confused gaze "i thought you wanted to wait" he slurred as i reached out his hand, making my way to his bedroom.

"i think we've waited enough, don't you?" i chuckled when our faces were only few inches apart. immediately after that, his lips where pressed on mine and his hands were wandering all over my body.

"well, i'm that case, i should take your clothes off" he grinned between kisses. i threw my hands up in the air waiting for him to slip my hoodie off.

"yeah, you really should, Joseph."

☾ ☾ ☾ ☾ ☾