VI

~Dorothy Sawdon~

Rachel wasn't in the place when I woke up.

I went to the front door to see if she had left it open like she was fond of doing but it was locked which meant she had not left yet. Then I heard her loud singing form the bathroom as she shrilled, horrible voice being amplified by the echo in the bathroom.

"Hey Jennifer Lopez!" I called out to her, "Shut it, you sound like a dieing seal!"

The singing seized after that and shortly, so did the sound of running water. She emerged from the bathroom with a robe wrapped around her body, my robe.

"You look like one but you don't hear me complaining" she grinned, scanning me in her dark gaze. I snarled.

"What are you doing up this early anyway?" I asked, picking a restless fluffy up from the floor and ruffling her fur softly. She barked.

"Uh,its 10 and I've got a date" she said like it was the most o vious thing in the world.

"A date" I quirked my brows at her and she nodded, going over to one of her suitcases on the other side of the room, taking out an outfit and heading back to the bathroom to change.

She returned dressed typically in a white shirt, black biker jacket and black skinny jeans. She looked really good, though. She always did.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" she smirked irritatingly, folding her arms around her chest and unintentionally creating cleavage that I honestly tried my best to look away from.

I looked back to her face to find her grinning. "I mean, if you want me to stay..."

I groaned, covering my flushed face with my hands and turning away, proceeding to the living room and fat away from Rachel. She was already beginning to make this whole living together thing unbearable.

She followed me, untying her hair that fell graciously over her shoulders, smiling at me and sitting at the kitchen counter, watching me take out a loaf of bread from the cabinet.

"Don't you have a date or something?" I asked, taking a bowl and breaking and egg into it while watching her watch me.

"Yeah..." she shrugged. She didn't seem like the type to care about dates. I fact, I bet she was just going to sleep with whoever the poor girl was. "I'll go soon"

"Where are you taking her?" I asked, soaking price of bread in the eggs before moving it over to the pan and placing it there. I only asked to engage conversation because she didn't seem like she was leaving soon and I didn't want it to be all awkward. But then again, nothing was very quiet or awkward with her.

"You don't need to know that" yep, they were definitely fucking.

"Whatever, just trying to be polite" I muttered, serving out my plate and then Rachel's.

"No thank you, Daria, I'll eat wher I'm going" she said with her nose up in the air. I snorted.

"Whatever, Mary Queen of Scots" I bowed jokingly to which she rolled her eyes, giving me one last fleeting look before deciding to take her leave.

"Goodbye, D-uh... Dutchess of ducky pyjamas" she escaped saying my name which I was beginning to think she actually couldn't remember. I shook my head when she left, going over to lock the door. I sat down and ate my breakfast, then went over to the bathroom to bathe.

I was done, putting on a ruffly floral dress and dancing around the apartment to Lana del Rey with fluffy.

Rachel didn't arrive till late in the evening after I had finished my homework and taken fluffy out for a walk. She came back looking desheveled but even hotter with her hair wild from the wind, jacket hanging freely on her shoulders and eyes bright.

She smiled when she saw me, nudging my shoulder with her's as she passed by, sending an electric jolt down my spine. I shivered.

"Have a good date?" I managed to ask without sounding shaken, sitting down on the couch and watching her enter the room, striping herself of clothes at the door.

"As good as they always are" she said, a smile hearable in her voice. I rolled my eyes only to bring them back and meet her standing there, topless and in her revealing bra, about to undo her trousers too if I hadn't stopped her.

"You can't do that!" my hands flew up to shield her lean body from my veiw. She scoffed, waving me off and proceeding to undress. I turned away. She then agreed to close the door before getting naked. I sighed in relief, turning back with my face feeling hot.

I kept my face in my hands, dreading my recent reactions to Rachel. I groaned I to my hands, promising myself not to fall for her with a mantra in my head; don't ever fall for Rachel Jones or you'll die, don't ever fall for Rachel Jones or you'll die don't ever fall for Rachel Jones or you die over and over again. Of course I want going to die but I also wasn't going to let myself be hurt all over again by the same kind of person. I only hoped I could get enough to pay for her place soon or else I don't know what could happen...

Rachel emerged from the room with a smile, dressed more casually in a blue sweater and shorts. She was headed towards the door again.

"Where are you going now?" I asked with a roll of my eyes as I looked at her. She shrugged, still walking.

"Work" she simply said, "Don't wait up" she left and I didn't see her for the rest ot the night.

Work? And on a Sunday night?

I know the chapter is short but hey, double update!