JUSTICE FOR MATTHEW RUSHIN

on my mb the pinned post has the original post on tumblr or you can read this shorter version (i recommend reading the whole thing it has some other important details)

http://chng.it/Rxw6HJ54TG

(if this link doesn't work i'll put it in the comments, in my bio, or pm it to you)

also please sign we only need 11,126 more signatures 

He's a black, autistic 22-year-old. He's beaten all odds against him: black, autistic, ADHD, anxiety, and a traumatic brain injury (TBI) which left him in a comatose for a couple of days and required him to go to rehab to re-learn life functions(such as walking and talking) that left him with PTSD. Despite this, he graduated with honours in high school, was employed, and was an engineering student at ODU. He also volunteered.

He was sentenced 50 years in prison for a non-fatal car accident. no drugs or alcohol were involved...just words. Matthew repeated words from an angry man which is called echolalia. Those words turned a car accident into a crime. His autism and prior accident were never taken into consideration.

He was not even taken for a medical and mental health evaluation and was also imprisoned because the cops lied about the evidence and took advantage of him. He has never been in trouble with the law. (he was imprisoned 19 months ago)

He woke up bloody and was interrogated for 4 HOURS at the scene and station while he was handcuffed (with more lies and manipulation) and has lately been experiencing severe headaches, temporary blindness, and dizziness. Anxiety medication has been provided after months but he has not gotten needed counselling and the required neurology for his conditions identified prior to his incarceration.

The officer who conducted the interrogation, a trainer for the VBPD CIT program lied to Matthew about the evidence they had and, as heard in the interrogation, shared that she hoped to arrest and charge him. CIT programs are meant to de-escalate issues...apparently the trainer disagrees.

They were able to maintain the charge of 2nd degree murder because, after 7 months of prison, Matthew was told if he signed a plea deal, he could go home- that was his understanding – and he signed it. From that point forward, the prosecutor, judge, and press referred to the "fact" that he admitted he deliberately ran into the other car because he was trying to commit su*c*d*.

Matthew and his family have not been able to talk fact-to-face for 19 months, let alone hug.

(i will put all these sites in my bio or announcements)

Donate to Matthew's legal fee's:

Cashapp: $LavernRushin

GoFundMe: gofundme.com/f/saving-matthew-rushin

Paypal: paypal.me/Dance4Matthew

Sign the petition: http://chng.it/Rxw6HJ54TG

Follow @JUSTICE4MATTHEWRUSHIN for updates

NUMBERS AND EMAILS:

Mark R. Herring: Attorney General EMAIL: service@oag.state.va.us CALL: (804) 786-2071

Kelly Thomasson: Secretary of CommonwealthEMAIL: kelly.thomasson@governor.virginia.gov   CALL: (804) 786-2441

Brian Moran: Secretary of Public Safety EMAIL: Brian.Moran@governor.virgina.gov   CALL: (804) 786-5351

Tonya D Chapman: Chair of Virginia Parole Board

EMAIL: tonya.chapman@vpb.virginia.gov CALL: (804) 674-3081 

Governor Ralph Northam: EMAIL: Ralph.Northam@governor.virginia.org   CALL: (804) 786-2211 

VIRGINIA PAROLE BOARD EMAIL: pardons@governor.virginia.gov 

CALL SCRIPT: (this is from the post)

Hello my name is (YOUR REAL NAME) and I am calling on behalf Matthew Rushin and his family. Matthew is a gentle young man with neurological processing differences that accompany autism spectrum disorder, and he should NOT be behind bars.

I am asking that you please review his case. Matthew was involved in a non-fatal car accident that involved NO drugs or alcohol. Matthew is a young man with autism who has never been in trouble with the law before.

Please review his case. He currently needs medical attention for the cyst of his brain. He is experiencing headaches, transient blindness, and his medical care for this is long overdue.

Please do not let him die in jail.

edit: matthew has been granted a pardon by the governer of virginia!! his family is hoping to get him released by the holidays so thank you to anyone who signed the petition or shared this