I Long To Be With You Again

"Do not pity the dead. Pity the living and, above all, those who live without love." - J.K Rowling.

~Definitions~

Apogee: The point in orbit of the moon or satellite at which it is nearest to the earth.

Perigee: The closest point of two objects being together.

**Warning**

Character death. It is not explained that it is happening in detail, however it is heavily implied!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The music was loud as Drift walked into Swerve's bar. Many of the bots were dancing, others were happily chatting away at the booths with their friends. Despite the upbeat atmosphere, it was almost calming to him. Nothing was going wrong. There were no fights, no one being injured or dying.

He'd walked over to the bar and sat down, ordering a high grade when Swerve asked what his poison would be. After the drink was dropped off, he was alone again. Everyone else seemed to pair off, or was in a larger group with their friends and yet Drift was alone in such a crowded place. He took a long pull from the high grade, his lips pursed as they touched the container and a slight burn working its way down his intake. His servo moved to cover his face as he pulled his drink away, sighing.

It had been like this since he returned from his 'exile,' hardly anyone trusted him. Even fewer talked to him, much less anything else. All except for one mech.

There was a 'hmph' as he heard someone sit next to him, not caring to open his optics as a small smirk began to creep up on his face. "Finally free from work and this is the place you choose to spend your time?"

There was a clink and then silence. From the corner of his still half covered optic, he caught the mech taking a quick swig of his own drink before those beautiful but tired optics settled on him. "I'd much prefer to be getting some rest in my berth after the cycle I've had." The mech huffed.

Drifts smirk then broke into a full smile, tearing his servo away from his face. 'Grumpy as always,' but Drift could hear that endearing note in the old medics voice. Ratchet may not ever say anything but Drift could tell. He was here for one simple reason, because Drift was.

He took his drink and downed it in one fluid motion before grabbing the medics servo and tugging on it with a 'lets go then,' and the smile he was greeted with on the medics face made his spark spin. Every damn time.

~

It was so loud in his processor. Drifts optics shuddered as he tried to open them, as he tried to focus on something other than that noise. Beeping and buzzing. Then there were the distant sounds of mechs yelling in the background. He was tired, he could feel it creeping on him more and more. Then there was a flash.

~

His optics opened and he groaned as he made a half assed attempt to sit up. To be fair, the arm around him had a grip that made it difficult to fight against. There was a low, gruff growl as the arm tightened around him and he felt a helm nuzzle against him. "Go back to sleep, Ratchet." Finally, he managed to sit up but that was as far as he made it.

"Not until you lie back down."

It was like this every morning. Drift would wake up and get ready for his morning meditation, however his efforts were all but immediately halted by his conjunx every time. Ratchet was always so tired, usually because he pushed himself in the medbay trying to help others. Drift would have to go make a visit just to pull the medic away and make him take a break. Ratchet was usually grumpy and would try to fight against Drift but the sword mech could hear the soft, gentle, loving tone that played under Ratchets words, finally giving in with a huff every time.