The Angel Of Death

As Ophelia circled the mill she could see the Paladins begin firing flaming arrows at the mill, it was not going to last long, but the sight of the flames caused memories to flash before Ophelia's eyes, her home burning, everything filled with smoke, she could still feel the smoke in her lungs as the flames burned hotter. She had to do something, she had to!

She let out a piercing scream like the cry of a bird of prey, shrieking like a banshee trying to drive fear into the Paladins as she battled with her own fears. Ophelia saw the last few warriors filtering out of the mill, fighting with everything they had, she drew her sword as she placed her bow in her open quiver. She pulled her wings in close and dove into the fray, landing in the middle of a circle of paladins, they all turned towards her and she fought like a sword dancer, her wings pulled into her body and she slipped under their attacks with ease, her lightweight form moving faster than they could react.

She turned to block an attack she felt coming towards her back and the swords clashed with a sharp sting. Her hellfire red eyes glaring into the steel blue of the grey figure, the color faltering for a moment before she used her powerful wings to push herself forward against him. He slid his sword from hers and they dodged each other's attacks becoming locked in a dance of swords, cloak, and feathers.

"Gah! So much for protecting me..." she growled and he glared down at her as she pulled away from him.

"Who's to say I'm not still protecting you?" He asked almost mockingly.

"I can't believe I kissed you!" She charged towards him pulling her wings into herself, causing her to launch herself at him like a bullet, she knocked him down and he glared up at her as she pressed her blade to his throat.

"You did it to distract me. I won't make the same mistake again." He growled and flipped her onto her back, pressing her own blade down against her.

"Think what you like, but I didn't do it to distract you, you bastard!" She lifted her leg to knee him in the gut but he knelt on her leg forcing her to lay flat

"Don't lie to me!" He growled and she glared up at him

"Have I ever lied to you?" She asked with a tight voice before rapidly pushing herself up onto her elbows and moving to bite at his neck. He flipped her onto her stomach and pressed her head into the ground.

"There's always a first time." He growled and she turned her head to look up at him sideways before wriggling out of his grasp and crouching on the ground.

"Ask yourself who's lying to who here." She hissed and he glared at her as a thick fog came and swallowed up the field, the grey monk couldn't see her, she was gone. He looked through the mist and was met with her face at level with his. She kissed him one last time, her cheeks wet with tears, her lips trembling against his, he hesitated only a moment before he kissed her back. She pulled away from him reluctantly, she was shaking.

"Stay alive..." she breathed and shot into the air above the smoke and over the trees. Her heart was beating out of her chest as she dove into the trees to meet up with the others as they ran. She saw the boy she had entrusted Aria to and grabbed him roughly by the arm.

"You!" She hissed and he struggled against her

"Lemme go! That hurts!" He snapped his grubby face trying to look mean and tough.

"I entrusted Aria to you! Where is she?!" She growled and he rolled his eyes.

"She's still at the sanctuary, I left her with the crazy moonwing." He groaned and she became beyond furious.

"You... left her alone... with a total stranger...?!" She growled and her eyes turned black as she glared at the boy.

"You're lucky I don't kill you boy..." she snarled and he struggled against her clenched fists.