Dragons and Unicorns (13)

I snuck with Harry, Hermione, and Ron to Hagrid's hut, Harry knocked and he opened the door "come on" Hagrid said ushering us in he wore an apron and oven mitts, I looked at him confused and I had noticed how hot it was in the Hut "Uh... Hagrid... Why must you have such a strong fire going...?" I asked wiping the sweat from my forehead and sighed trying to breath, Hagrid looked at me and motioned to the pot, "because of this..." He pulled a egg out of a pot and set it on the table. I looked at Hagrid and back at the egg "Hagrid what the hell is that?" I asked and Hagrid sighed explained that he won the egg from a stranger and explained Harry had gotten into trouble for giving Draco a black eye and Neville had tried to take on Crabbe and Goyle on his own, which did not go over very well.

The egg cracked and shook and I looked at it my attention undivided as it exploded slightly and smoke, it squeaked and puffed out smoke and Hagrid swooned we found out that Quirrell was involved and figured that if Snape was still standing the Stone wasn't going to be stolen. The little creature snorted and blew fire into Hagrid's beard I felt eyes and turned to see blonde running back to the school and I cursed, "what is it?" Harry asked and I spun "Malfoy saw" I said and looked at Harry my eyes wide and Harry too cursed "come on we gotta go!" Harry said and I huffed and followed them before running into McGonagall "shit" I muttered and she had a smirking Draco standing next to her, I turned on him my eyes narrowed and he looked stunned "all five of you are going to be punished tonight" and Malfoy did a double take "did you say five?" Draco said in shock. McGonagall nodded "you were out of bed as well Draco" she said sternly and the boy huffed and whined, "wow... For someone soooo mature you whine a lot" I said and turned seeing the one person that gave me the creeps Mr.Filch and his devil cat Mrs.Norris. I huffed and followed as Filch carried a lantern towards Hagrid's hut Hagrid was sniffling and crying "they took him... They took Norbert..." Hagrid howled in sadness and Filch looked at him disgusted, "get over it" Filch muttered and I sent the older man a deadly glare before looking around Fang trotted up to me barking happily before the dog saw "we're going in there!" Draco asked looking at the forest and back at Hagrid in fear, "come on" Hagrid said leading us into the forest and we hit a split, "I want Fang!" Draco said loudly as Harry, Draco and I split with Fang and Hagrid took Ron and Hermione, "telling you now... Fang is a big coward" Hagrid said and a howl rolled off in the distance making Fang himself whimper and I sighed following Harry as Draco made sure to stand next to me 'acting' tough and I looked at him, my brow raised at him in confusion and he didn't meet my eyes he just kept walking. We got to a clearing and my burn began to feel like it was burning again and I gasped in pain jumping back in pain, tears pricked my eyes "ooowww...." I groaned in pain Draco looked at Harry and I as grabbed at our scars. I took off my mask and gingerly touched the burn my eyes still watering as tears slowly trickled down my cheeks, "Sammy... Look" Harry gasped out pointing at the now dying unicorn it had a cloaked figure hovering over it and the burning sensation increased and I cried out in pain and Draco looked at me before running and I gasped out "coward" I muttered lowly and continued to cry as I gritted my teeth and the figure started advancing and I heard the cries of a mother in pain, I heard hoofsteps and knew that we were safe now tears continued to leave my eyes as I sat up as the pain subsided but I continued to cry, the burning sensation was still there but it wasn't as bad. "S-Sammy are you alright?" Harry asked and I sighed looking up at Harry my eyes red from crying "it hurts..." I mumbled and stood not bothering to put my mask back on, "Harry... Can we go back..." I asked and Harry nodded turning to our savior and he explained everything about the unicorn and about how only one would do such a horrid thing to such beautiful creatures. I sighed tears drying to my face as I sighed my burn still hurt Hagrid came in and looked at us and Draco, Hermione, and Ron following I quickly put my mask back on. I looked at them my eyes red but they didn't say anything and I sighed "come on kids... less get ye guys bac' to bed" Hagrid said saying hello to his old friend Froenzo and we left I sighed following my head down, "Lupin... You alright?" I only knew a few people who would only use my last name and I looked at Draco and I nodded "I am fine thanks" I said quietly and kept walking in silence but I know he didn't believe me and I sighed looking down still.