lost one.

LOST ONE.

*

*

warning: mentions of killing, death, kidnapping, violence, memory loss, and blood and gore.

SUMMARY.

MARLOWE TELLER had been gone for six months, two weeks, three days, twelve hours, and forty-two minutes, but who was counting? Her mentor, Selina Kyle, was, but Marlowe was unaware of that fact. She'd been taken right out of the dark streets of Gotham by one clowned-face criminal. She'd crossed the wrong man, it was as simple as that. She was tortured for days. Then her memories were taken from her, leaving her with only a name and the remnants of the torture.

Marlowe Teller had only been missing for fourteen days, but the person who came back was hardly her.

So, yes, Marlowe was gone.

She was surrounded by faces she couldn't recall and a life she couldn't remember living. The only comforting thing those days was the pair of watchful green eyes that watched her as if they knew all her secrets.

That made one of them.

Marlowe was thrust back into her life and forced to act as if nothing was wrong, in the public eye. The world wouldn't wait for her. There was a wedding to be planned, bad guys to be stopped, and an image to uphold. She could do it, right? Wrong. She was crumbling into thousands of pieces right before her family's eyes. There was a reason she'd gotten herself in this situation in the first place, but—of course—she couldn't remember. Sometimes she thought it was better that way, and the boy she loved hated her for it.

Well, that made two of them.

"you can love the person that i am, can't you?"

*
   •
            *

*

*

CAST.

halle bailey as marlowe teller, caracal