Confronting Ginny

Harry woke up the next morning momentarily disoriented. Slowly, everything that happened yesterday came back to him as he sat up in his bed. Harry and Hermione had returned to the common room around 2 a.m. after sitting and talking in the empty classroom.

  FlashBack to Last night
  Hermione was cuddled around Harry's arm. They were sitting in the empty classroom, having just confessed their feelings for each other.

  "I don't want to go back yet, is it okay if we stay here a little while longer?" Hermione asked.

  "We can stay here as long as you want Hermione. I'll stay with you anywhere." Harry replied. "Plus I didn't want to go back yet either."

  "Are you going to be okay?

  "I will be, but it may be a while. I like you Hermione a lot, and so I don't want you to get the wrong idea but I also had very strong feelings for Ginny and she just broke my heart."

  "It's okay Harry, I don't expect you to be completely fine after you just caught your girlfriend cheating on you. I'll be here with you the whole time, I know it won't be easy but you'll get through this."

  "Thanks Hermione."

  End of FlashBack

  They had talked a little afterwards but for the most part they just enjoyed the quiet, peaceful night, and each other's company. Harry still wasn't sure what they were, he just knew they had kissed and said they fancied each other. One thing Harry did know, until they knew for sure, they couldn't tell Ron.

  Hermione waited for Harry in the common room before breakfast. As she saw him walking down the stairs from the boys' dormitory she broke into a huge smile.

  "Ready to go?" Harry asked returning the smile.

  "Yes." She replied happily.

  They exited the common room and began walking towards the Great Hall. As they reached the main floor, they saw Ginny talking to one of her friends. Harry slipped his hand into Hermione's as he saw her.

  Hermione began walking very quickly towards Ginny while pulling out her wand.

"Slugulus Eructo!" she cries sending the spell hurtling towards Ginny. It misses her barely but Hermione doesn't miss a beat, "Furnunculus!" and this spell does hit Ginny.

  Ginny is stunned for a minute before she breaks out in boils. She screams and runs towards the Medical Wing as boils continue to appear all over her face and body.

"Miss Granger!" Professor McGonagall yells,"What on Earth are you doing? 50 points from Gryffindor and a week of detention for using magic on another student."

  "Yes Ma'am."Hermione replies quietly while looking down at the floor.

  "No, Professor give me the detention. Hermione was just trying to defend me, please don't let her be punished on my account." Harry interjected.

  Hermione and Professor McGonagall both study Harry for a moment.

  "Very well Mr. Potter. My office 8 p.m. Do not be late." McGonagall replies.

  "Harry what are you doing? I deserved those detentions!"

  "What was I doing? What were you doing? You just attacked Ginny in front of everybody! You're lucky it wasn't Snape he may have had you expelled!" Harry shot back.

  "I don't know, I just saw her and I felt your sadness and a rage just overtook me. I'm so sorry!". Hermione began sobbing.

  "Hey, hey, hey. Calm down, it's okay. You were trying to defend me, which is kinda crazy that you did that for me. That night be the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me." Harry said with a chuckle.