Chapter 1~

Brett was tired as hell...
Not even the constant jingle of his keys while he struggled to open his door helped wake him up a little. He could feel the sleepiness under his eyes as they began to close but thankfully the door finally opened with a soft click waking him slightly enough to start walking inside. It wasn't even his fault for being out so late but it just so happened that one of his friends Ray had left his violin at Brett's house and of course he had to drive all the way over there to drop it off. "How stupid." he thought to himself while shutting the door behind him slightly annoyed. It's not that he wasn't ok with taking his friend his violin he just didn't understand why he couldn't drop it off the next day instead. The silence that filled the car and the repetitive flashing lights against empty roads on the drive back home had been enough to send Brett into this sluggish state. He dragged himself to his room to change into soft black pajama bottoms and a comfortable grey shirt. The sound of rain hitting softly against windows did nothing to aid his current state. Windows covered by blackout curtains to block the annoying rays of light that follow in the morning that also happened to make his room darker definitely didn't help either so to say Brett instantly knocked out as soon as he hit his pillow was not an exaggeration.

As relieving as the well deserved sleep was, all good things come to an end sadly.
Brett woke up to the annoying ringtone of his phone that he conveniently left on the table just outside the kitchen. Great. He got up to go answer but was in no rush at all. He hadn't had any coffee or energy to start the day yet so he couldn't help but sound absolutely tired answering the phone not even bothering to check the name of the caller. He wasn't a very social person so the amount of people who had his contact were limited but given what time it was he knew who was calling.
" Hello?" Brett answered. " Dude have you checked any of your messages yet!? Today's the day man!" Ray exclaimed from excitement causing Brett to pull the phone away slightly. " What are you talking about?" Brett asked. " Oh cmon dude we've been planning this day for like a week now! You agreed to come with me to a party today that way I don't go by myself, did you already forget ??" Ray complained. " Oh shit that's today.?  What time?" Brett replied sounding more awake by the second. " Party starts at 9:30 tonight. Don't forget to pick me up earlier. See ya!" Ray ended the call, not giving Brett a chance to reply but that didn't bother him none. Even though Ray could have just called him at a reasonable hour,
Brett was kinda glad he called when he did. This gave him time to get his outfit ready and manage what he had to get done today and really get himself ready both physically and mentally. For now breakfast was on his mind.
Coffee was brewing while Brett turned off the stove after finishing making himself French toast with some random fruit he found in the fridge. Eggs didn't really sound all that appealing at the moment so he went with the next thing that came to mind. He finished his breakfast and put his dishes in the sink and decided to get ready. He wavered slightly on if he should wear a dark blue button up shirt or just forget about formality and go comfortably in a hoodie or jumper for tonight's outfit. Didn't take him long though to decide on wearing black ripped jeans and a pink jumper. He wasn't really trying to impress anyone there he was only going because Ray didn't want to go alone and "besides maybe it won't be so bad eh?" He convinced himself. With a short sigh he got his phone and car keys and decided to go get a few things done before a night of partying.
He checked the time on his phone. " 8:29 already.? I still have to pick up Ray." Brett thought to himself. He sped up slightly to hurry up that way Ray wouldn't complain about the time.

Yeah so this is my first breddy fic so sorry if it sucks so far 🙃 ~Sombras-azules