Um... Hi?

April 5, 2021 1:03 am

Hello, I guess. I'm Valerie Patterson.

My friend suggested doing this, so I don't really know what I'm doing..

Before I even begin to talk about my current issues, we should address where all my problems initially started.

Three years ago, on my nineteenth birthday, my family moved from Kansas to California. Talk about a happy birthday. This practically broke my heart, because I had to leave my best friend.

Heather has always had a good head on her shoulders. She thinks before speaking, or acting, or brushing her teeth. I'm exactly the opposite, so leaving her was like leaving my common sense behind.

We moved because my dad's job transfers all the time. He's a doctor, and he pretty much goes wherever people need him. And on July 10, 2018, they needed him in San Diego.

We would always move in the summer so that I could transfer schools without too much difficulty. That fall was going to be my freshman year of college, so I had been enrolled in the University of San Diego.

But it was still summer, and my mind was far from school. I was focused entirely on the following weekend: The 2018 San Diego Comic-Con.

Was I excited? Hell yes. Excited is such an understatement to how I felt.

On Wednesday, my mom and I went to the Convention Center. Mom's an event planner, and usually let me tag along and help. So when she first asked me to help with Comic-Con, I practically died (I mean nerdy me being nerdy me).

She put me to work setting up tables and booths according to her template, while she talked to the coordinators.

There were actors and authors scattered everywhere, either talking to each other or listening to my mom.

After a few hours, when I had finished all the booths, all that was left to set up was the stage. Mom and I usually got the heavy equipment together, but she was busy directing the Marvel group. I went to the utility closet, and stared at the two ginormous tables that leaned against the wall. Without a second thought or hesitation, I tilted one of the tables on its side, and started sliding it out to the stage.

I probably would've been able to do all of it on my own, if it weren't for the stupid stairs. There were only three shallow steps that led onto the stage. But with the heavy table, three shallow steps turned into three Great-Walls-of-China.

I got up the first step, and almost the second, when my foot slipped. Before I could regain my footing, the table fell from my grip, and landed on top of me.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a tall, dark figure running towards me. But I was much more concerned with the sharp pain in my ankle.

Sorry guys. I would love to continue. But I'm falling asleep.. Oh god it's one in the morning. Yeah I'm going to bed. I'll keep going tomorrow I guess....

- Val C.P.

A/N:

I know. Pretty derpy. But I'm actually pretty proud of where it is and where it's going. I love writing for the future. I may update this one sooner than The Nameless One, but don't hold your breath. I've got Chapter 2 started, but it's basically just the re-cap of the events in Chapter 1. (so I basically have nothing new...)

BUT. I'll keep writing, and try to keep updating and stuff...

Thanks for reading this, and I hope you're enjoying!

Loves!

~RA