Chapter 12. Quirellmort ☾

A/N: Not ours, all JK's.

When Hermione got back from Christmas break, Draco and Harry presented her with several options to take the tracers off their wands.

"They really should keep this further out of reach." Hermione reflected. Draco considered this for a moment.

"Well, it is part of the seventh-year curriculum. You have to write something about the ministry and one choice is an essay on how the tracers were taken off your wand. It shows some competency in wandlore, I think, as well as magical theory." Draco explained. "Of course, you would have known that if you bothered to come to school seventh-year."

"We were a tad busy searching for horcruxes." Hermione stated snottily.

"Well, you didn't do a very good job since you had one staring you in the face all along." Draco pointed out, motioning toward Harry.

"Hey, that reminds me..." Harry made sure he had both Hermione and Draco's attention before continuing, "GET THIS THING OUT OF ME!" Draco smirked and Hermione stifled a chuckle. Harry smiled. "Glad to be the source of your entertainment, but I'm serious."

"No, you're Harry." Hermione replied. Harry glared at her. Draco quirked his eyebrow and looked confused. Suddenly, he caught on.

"Oh, you mean Black." Draco sighed. Harry and Hermione nodded.

"Perhaps we should wait until an adult is involved." Hermione suggested.

"Are you calling Sirius an adult?" Harry asked.

"With Sirius comes Professor Lupin, who is an adult." Hermione restated.

"Ah, the werewolf." Draco reminisced.

"The best professor we ever had." Harry reminded him.

"What about Professor McGonagall?" Hermione corrected. Harry shook his head.

"She doesn't believe us, remember? We end up risking our necks later this year because she told us that no one was going after the stone." Harry defended.

"Well, Professor Lupin didn't believe you when you said Pettigrew was on the map." Hermione reasoned. Harry sighed.

"Whatever, he was the best Defense professor we had." Harry clarified.

"Agreed." Hermione nodded.

"So, the tracers..." Draco redirected. Hermione looked up.

"Oh, yes, it's very simple. Here, I can do it." Hermione motioned for Draco to give his wand to her. Harry stopped them.

"Won't they notice two tracers are missing?" Harry asked, concerned.

"Who is going to check on this bureaucratic nonsense?" Draco responded as Hermione took the trace off his wand. Then, she used his wand to take the tracer off her wand.

"There. Now use your freedom wisely." Hermione instructed. Draco rolled his eyes.

"Yes, Mum." Draco drawled. Hermione glared.

Classes began to speed by and before they knew it, it was exams week. All three of them noted how easy exams were the second time around.

"Everyone will think we're geniuses." Draco joked as they sat under a tree. "Well, I always was a genius. They'll think I rubbed off on you two, now."

"Yeah, right, Malfoy. Tell that to me again when you've defeated Voldemort five times." Harry drawled as he twirled his wand around. "Wait!" Harry dropped his wand. "It's tonight, isn't it?" He looked at Hermione.