>2

Yana stumbled out of the taxi, passing the man up front a few bills before crawling up to the sidewalk, feeling as if the world was swaying beneath her feet

Legs wobbling, her body felt like jelly as a wave of queasiness pushed bile up her throat, which wasn't unusual- she got motion sickness rather easily.

Expelling a large breath from her chest, Yana's eyes followed every crevice that spread through the sidewalk, careful not to step on them as she approached her new house.

She tugged her jacket closer to her body, feeling goosebumps rise in her arms as she sought balance, sinking into the soles of her shoes.

White, fluffy balls of cotton candy soared overhead, swirling within a sea of salt water taffy- the kind one would get at a carnival. A soft wind tangled with Yana's hair, braiding it into a hairdo that resembled a rats' nest, but the girl didn't seem to mind.

Her lips pursed together, and her fingers picked at the hem of her thin t-shirt, feeling alien in this new land.

But now, she stood in front of a house she knew was her's, yet had never entered herself.

It was simple: white walls stood before her, decorated with those fancy fold-in windows and a few mini windmills in the lawn that Yana assumed came with the house, protected by a black roof.

It was a decent size- not giant-collage-party big, but enough room where Yana could move around as much as she wanted without having to pay a fortune.

Her hand invaded her jacket pocket, and her fingers lingered against the frigid, metal keys- which felt like they had been trapped in a fridge overnight- and fished them out, smiling thinly at the shiny object.

She only had a single key on her key ring, but that was enough for her- she had made it to the big cities, and having a house there was all she wanted.

Although, a car would be nice.

She fumbled over her feet as she treaded up to her doorstep, hopping over a mini staircase that lead up to the dark blue door.

Inserting her key into the lock, her fingers brushed against the chilly doorknob, and soon cracked it open, eyes flickering around.

The scent of vanilla spilled out of the house, luring the girl closer as the door slowly opened, and her eyes searched for a humanoid figure on the inside, clinging to the knob tightly.

The walls were light grey, and little black airplanes were painted into them- they weren't perfect, and the lines were all squiggly like an unprofessional had made them, but that made them feel even more homey.

A large, empty doorframe off to the side signified the change of room, and she assumed that the kitchen hid behind the wall, yet to be explored.

Covered with hardwood, a small staircase was the lead up to the second floor, and thin railing secured the entire thing, which Yana would later require- she was known for being quite clumsy.

But, the house was empty. No ghostly figures, no burglars- the only person that she could see was herself.

There was no hum of the air conditioning, yet the house was colder than Antarctica, making the girl shiver as she wrapped her arms around her middle.

Yana jumped right out of her socks as a deafening shrill echoed through the house, and she felt a persistent vibrating emit from her pocket, prompting her to yank out her phone.

Quickly checking the caller's ID, Yana pressed her phone into her ear, exhaling sharply as she murmured out a greeting.

"Hi, Seyeon," She muttered, settling back into her shoes.

"Hey," A voice called back. "Did you get there okay?"

Judging by her husky voice, Seyeon had just woken up from one of her world-renowned naps, causing Yana to snicker to herself quietly.

Yana expelled a harsh sigh, placing her hand on her hip as she peered at the house around her, smiling thinly.

Seyeon had been her closest friend since, like, forever. They had met in fourth grade, and now they were inseparable- endlessly clinging to each other throughout their lives.

Whether it was gossiping about crushes, cheating on homework, or simply taking a walk, they were always together, no matter the situation.

That is, until Yana came to Seoul.

"Yeah, I just got here," She chuckled back, closing the door behind her with her foot.

"Oooh, nice. How did you get it so cheap? I would think houses of that size are way out of your budget- no offense," Seyeon said, and a shuffling could've been heard from her end of the line. "What- was that place the site of a massacre or something?"

"I hope not," She breathed, lips forming a thin line.

"Oh, speaking of which- any ghosties there?" Seyeon asked, tone indifferent.

Yana cleated her throat awkwardly, leaning forward to peak around a corner, eyes running across the painted figures in the walls, and tugging on her sleeve.

"Uh, not that I can see," Yana squeaked, head on a swivel.

"You know, you could totally be one of those, like, paranormal psychics that connect people with their passed loved ones. You could make some serious money off of- NO! You should be a Ghost Buster or something! That would be so fu-"

"Why did I tell you about it again?" Yana mumbled to herself, rubbing her temple.

"Because you love me," Seyeon replied cheekily.

"Suuureeee," Yana dragged out, whirling around.

Whilst Seyeon scoffed dramatically, Yana heard the deafening screeching of a car's brakes, and immediately whirled around, smiling thinly.

"I think my moving truck is here- call you later?" Yana hastily rambled, and she could hear Seyeon clock her tongue from the other side.

"Fine, but be fast," She uttered, and Yana could hear her pout. "I will- quite literally- die without your contact, so you better call me soon."

Yana breathed out a chortle, and stuffed her hands in her pockets, turning, yet again, towards the door.

"Of course."