PART 2

I visited my friend, Jennifer one evening in her hostel and spoke to her about my situation

"sweetheart stop doing this to yourself,this guy isn't ready for a relationship. Just move on and stop expecting things from him cause that's the reason why you keep getting hurt. My dear i understand the fact that you are attached to him cause of your closeness since 100 level,but babe this is 300 level,that nigga isn't serious,get over him"
She advised

After she said all that,i was like
" I've been trying to get him off my head but it's not working.Even during holidays,when i don't get to see him for a few months, he's still stuck in my head. Oh! I don't know what to do anymore"
i was at the verge of releasing a tear but i held myself.
"and i also think you should talk to Dennis about how you feel and hear what he has to say,then you make a final decision from there"
she added,but deep down i knew i couldn't do it,guess i was kind of shy to bring up the topic about our relationship and I didn't want to sound like i was forcing myself on him.
Oh yes! I had that level of pride.

*****************************

It was a cozy morning cause the rain had fell throughout the night.
I was on my bed wrapped in my blanket. My roomie, Purity was already dressed up for lectures and she tried pulling me up
"Ami this is 7:45 aren't you going for lectures?" she asked why putting on her shoes.
" I don't feel like going today, I'm so cold  and you of all people   should know that I'm allergic to cold  and besides  the lectures today aren't that serious, the lecturers for today do not take attendance, so there is nothing for me to be worried about"
I kept shivering and  yawning as I spoke.
"eh..eh.. what if you guys are given an impromptu test today?"  she added
"Mtcheww, that one is their business  oh,  please I'm not feeling well, I cannot come and kill myself". I muttered as  I turned to the other side of the bed and buried myself in the blanket.
"Ok oh if you say so, I'm going, see you later this evening".
Purity said as  she left for school.

20 minutes later after purity left I heard a knock on my door, i asked  who it was  but there was no answer.  So I got up  from my bed and went straight to the door and surprisingly it was Dennis.   "what are you doing here?and how'd you know I was at home?"
I asked in surprise
"I saw purity on the way,she told me you were home,  so I decided to drop by"
he answered
I was happy to see him  though I was still annoyed  cause of  his non chalant attitude.
"So how you doing?" He asked
" I'm fine and you?" "I'm good,
You look a little bit pale,are you ok?"  Dennis asked while examining my eyes with his hands
"I'm ok, just cold" i replied
"Have you taken any medication?"he asked further
"There's no need,i will be fine. You know i hate drugs"
"You liking drugs or not doesn't matter,you have to take it so you can feel better" he tried advising
"Yeah  yeah i will take later"
I laid back on my bed while he sat beside me as we talked about school and other funny stuffs. One thing that keeps shocking me is that everytime we are alone like this,he never tried to make a move on me, even when he slept over one night due to an heavy rainfall.
  well it's not as if I wanted him to make a move on me cause i had made a decision that i was never going to get into any sexual activity with a guy until I'm married. My body is for my husband to see only.
  but ... You know... Sometimes the body craves for it.

So I braced up and spoke to Dennis about our relationship,but he said we should forget about our feelings and stay friends.

How shocking!
I was dumbfounded and felt stupid.