Part 2

Joker was ecstatic. He was expecting to have great success, but not as big as having most of Gotham vigilantes hanging in his trap. He had them tied upside down in the center of the warehouse surrounded by crates. And of course, in one of those crates there was a bomb that will be detonated by him when he gets bored of playing with the bats.

"Oh my, oh my, oh my... what do we have here... four little batsies, don't you love it when your plan goes right?" He addressed Harley who was next to him.

"But pudding, what about the big bad Bat?" In all the happiness of the moment, Harley was preoccupied because whenever things seemed good for the villains, the Bat has this habit of appearing and they end up in Arkham with several bruises. Not that they couldn't break from there, but it was painful to live. However it was the general rule, the Bat would come to take them to prison, only to break away once again in a few weeks.

"Well, He will suffer for sure... when he comes and see that he couldn't save his little robins, just like he did many years ago." He then heard the sound of fabric moving through the floor. When he turned to a corner he saw a shadow there. "Oh look at this! The big bad Bat came out to play and to see if this time... he could save his Robin." There was a big smile on his scarred lips.

Harley then peeked to the place where Joker was looking. The sounds of the muffled voices of the batboys were getting lost in the warehouse as they squirmed trying to free themselves from the restrains.

"Hello Harley!" A voice that wasn't the Batman greeted the assistant, and then addressed the main attraction. "Bad Joker... We had a deal and you broke it tonight."

All sounds were silenced. The boys were surprised to notice that even when the Joker's skin was white due to the chemicals that created the character, when he heard the voice coming from the shadows he seemed to pale even more. You could say that he truly turned transparent.

"Batmom! ... Hi... I wouldn't think... I mean, look, we found these lost birds... are they all yours?" He started to walk backwards to run away from the shadow of Batmom and trying to find a suitable out of the building.

Unfortunately, Joker's plan for trapping the bats required that the warehouse where he would ambush them had only an entrance and an exit. He had no idea how Batmom managed to get inside but now, he was more worried about finding a way out without passing next to her.

Batmom was more than confident. She managed to locate the place where Joker had captured her sons thanks to the information provided by Alfred, and entered without being noticed although she wasn't as stealthy as Bruce. That gave her the advantage to scare the Clown Prince of Crime. She was enjoying seeing him retreating and hiding behind Harley to avoid dealing with the mess he created.

Batmom understood then why Bruce enjoyed so much going out dressed as the Batman, it gives you a different perspective on power. Yet she almost felt sorry for Harley and the predicament she was in, because she was being used as a shield by a Joker who was afraid to face her.

"Harley darling, would you mind untying my boys and taking them outside? Mr. J. and I have some... matters to discuss." Batmom came out from the shadows, walking a step at the time showing a confidence she didn't imagine she could have. In her hands, she was waving a crowbar, just like the one he used to beat the second Robin on the fatidic night she lost him.

Harley wasn't a fool. Batmom was giving her an outing and she was willing to take it. Yes, she loved Mr. J, but she knew that he wouldn't hesitate to throw her to the sharks. And Harley was certain that Batmom was the biggest shark they could find out there.

Although he wasn't ok with Harley obeying Batmom, it could be a good moment for the Joker to escape, or so he thought. When Harley put them down and freed them of the ropes the Joker turned once again to Batmom. "See, there, no damage done. They are fine. Maybe we could just put this entire hostage situation behind and leave in peace." Joker tried to placate Batmom's rage.

With a commanding voice free from all pleasantries Batmom ordered. "Harley... take my boys outside NOW!" it was a tone that the batboys were certain never had heard before. It wasn't like the low growl Batman used on villains, it was just a firm instruction. Yet they felt as much fear as whenever Batman gets mad at them.

Harley wasn't stupid. As much as she wanted to check if the rumors were true, she hurried to leave the premises almost pushing the batgang to the exit.