Chapter 10

Molly's POV

"I'm pregnant with your little brother."

Excuse me what? Last time I checked my mom was being ignored by my dad. Do they even want a kid? Did they just do this because they had too? Why are they just getting to this now?

'Be supportive.' My wolf says.

'I don't want too.' I say back to my wolf.

'Ask them how far along she is, and at least pretend like you care.' She says.

"How long have you known about this?" I ask.

'Came out a little harsh but anything is better then storming out.' She says.

'Trust me I'm thing about it.' I say back.

"A month." My mom says.

'Can I storm out?' I ask my wolf sarcastically.

'No, just wait a few more minutes.' She says.

'Wait, if she's been pregnant for a month then how come my dad hasn't been spending any extra time with her?' I ask.

'I don't know, do you even know if they're actually mates?' My wolf says.

'I guess I never thought of that.' I say.

"I'm going to have a baby brother in two months?" I ask.

"Yes." My dad says.

"Okay, thanks for telling me before everyone else I guess." I say trying to find anything good.

"You're not mad sweetie?" My mom says.

"I don't know what I am." I say and walk out of the room.

I walk out of the house alone. I just need to take a walk and think about things.

Jack's POV

I knock on my dad's office door.

"Come in." I hear his deep voice through the door, raspy of smoking for many years.

I open the door and walk into my dads grand office.

"Hi." I say nervously. My dad hasn't asked me into his office since my mom rejected him and ran away.

"Now that you are 16, you will be able to find your mate, correct?" He says getting straight to the point. I nod my head.

"And you haven't found you're mate yet, correct?" He says and I nod again.

"Good. Mates make you weak. I need you to help raise a strong pack." My dad says confusing me.

"I thought mates were supposed to give you power and help make you better." I say.

"That's a load of bull shit. Women are the worst. When you find your mate, I hope you're smart enough to reject her because the same thing that happened to me is going to happen to you." He says.

'That's not true, I'm sure you'll have a much better mate then your mom.' My wolf says trying to comfort me.

'No, he's right. A douche like me doesn't deserve any better than my mom.' I say.

'He is wrong! You are not a douche! You deserve the perfect mate.' My wolf says.

'Then he was lying to me?' I ask.

'Sorry to say.' My wolf says.

"No it's not." I say to my dad. He looks at me with one eyebrow raised.

"No ones ever going to love you. Your going to give them all your love and they're going to give you a baby and leave. The same thing that happened with me." He says.

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask.

"Because I love you." He says.

"But what if you're wrong? What if my mate loves me?" I ask.

"I will never accept you're mate. I will never love or actually even like your mate. You don't even have a mate yet and your mate is already dead to me." He says. My wolf growls.

"How is that fair!?" I raise my voice at him.

"Do not raise your voice at me young man." He says.

"I can't believe you asked me to come into your office to tell me that you're never going to accept my mate!" I snap.

"This pack doesn't need a Luna, or really any girl at all!" He says raising his voice at me.

"Just shut up dad!" I yell and storm out of his office and then right out the door of the pack house.

I can't believe he had the nerve to call me into his office, for the first time I may add, to tell me that he's going to disown my mate.

Someone bumps into me. The sunset gives just enough light for me to she the face of Molly.

"Oh it's you. Are you still ignoring me you shallow b*tch?" She asks.

I can't respond to her or I'll put her in danger. So I just stare at her.

"That's what I thought." She says. She sits down on the side of the road. "I hate you, you can just keep walking because I know you're too embarrassed to even talk to me. I know I'm ugly but you don't have to rub it in." She says. With a heavy heart I force myself to walk away.

'That was really brave of you.' My wolf says.

'All I want to do is talk to her! Ask her what's wrong or how I can help but I can't!' I say.

'I know I know and I'm sorry, just trust me, in the end I'm sure things will end up fine.' My wolf says.

'This isn't going to work out. We're going to find our mate, and forget all about Molly. In the meantime I'm just going to keep ignoring her. Fake it till you make it, right?' I say. I get a major craving for ice cream and start to walk to the ice cream place.

'You saw how hurt she is! I don't think you can 'fake it till you make it' on this one.' My wolf says.

'I can try.' I say.

I walk into a ice cream place and grab a self-serve cup. I load it up to the rim and pay for it. Tonight I want to eat my feelings.

I sit down at a table and let my mind work things out.

My poor mate. One day she will be dragged into the mess I call life and probably reject me. She's probably out there living her life waiting for the amazing day when the moon goddess will pair our two hearts together only to find out she is stuck with a loser like me.

Now I know why my dad called me to his office to talk to him.

Molly's POV

"Just ignore him back. That's what I would do." Emily says.

It's the next day and we're just about to walk into 1st period.

"You know what? Maybe I will." I say. We walk in and sit at our usual desk.

"You have to promise me that you will." Nicole says.

"Okay okay. I promise." I say with a laugh.

And that's just how the rest of the week went.

I ignored his stupid ass and he ignored me.