Chapter 4

Jaczephyre's / Jazmine's P.O.V.    

I woke up hearing heavy metal music playing a little bit too loudly. I opened my eyes and found a grinning Mico. His eyes a little bit darker than his normal shade of green.

"Are we there yet?" I whined    

"Not yet sweetheart. But we're almost there."  

It's funny how many mistake us for a couple with our cheesy code names for each other   

"Baby…"  

"Hmmm?"  

"Why do you think almost half of the school's population think we're a couple? Well, we call each other cheesy code names but I don't get why they have to spread untrue rumors about us? I get that a few of them have problems with me but why tell  a ruthless lie?"  

I know he might not answer all the questions I fired at once.  

"Maybe it's because of  how we act. We usually act more like a couple than silly best friends. And we also wear the same color of clothing everyday. You don't like it when I hang out with other girls as well as I don't like it when you hang out with other boys. We fit together perfectly as if we're made for each other. Yeah, they spread stories about us even though they know better than to spread such a lie. They keep themselves hidden by telling others so it would spread like wildfire. It's for popularity. You know how a quarter of the student body wants to be popular"  

"That's… quite an answer baby. I was looking for an 'I don't know' or a one word answer. You just gave me a speech! Do you think about this often?" I gave him a questioning look making him laugh hard  

"Nah… You know I couldn't do that. You're my girl!" He exclaimed and grinned at me.    

Hmm… I'm his sweetheart and he's my baby… Sounds cheesy but that's what we are...  

"And you’re my only man… Unless I find my partner and do an exchange with him" I said slightly giggling 

A few more minutes of gabbing then the car stopped in front of my boring school. Automatic sliding doors and all… Whoopee! That's so cool!   

Mico got out first then assisting me as I stepped outside. We walked through the halls hand in hand. Everyone was giving us that weird glare. Well, not us, just Mico.   

I looked at him and saw his eyes turning black. No more of his pretty green eyes, only pure darkness. It was the first time I ever saw him do that. And for the first time since I have met him, I was scared… of him.  

I tried to remove my hands from his, but his grip was too tight and I think that he needs a hand to hold on to so I just kept my hand there. We kept walking and from the distance, I saw our friends eyes reflecting the fear they saw in my face.   

Could it be possible that he found his partner… Had a glimpse of her somehow? I was with him all morning…. I couldn't have missed it! The door's screens are tinted, almost making the insides invisible to the outside world.  

"Mi-Mico, are you alright?" Our friend Minnie's voice was a little bit shaky.  

Mico didn't answer though. It was unlike him to stay silent for that long…

Then I felt his grip loosen. I looked up at his face and saw him smiling at me.  

WEIRD…