Apparition 13: Your complications

You felt curious as to why he was staring at you with a unique gaze... But you couldn't gather the strength to even part your lips again.

Eyes narrowing down to your hand in which he squeezed, your heart pounded so heavily that it started to ache. Finally, you could hear as Kou encouraged himself to reply, meeting with your eyes.

"...Sorry, lately I-"
The both of you flinched once Teru had emphasized his intentional cough. He and Tiara had been staring for quite some time now, earning not only your embarrassment... But Kou's as well. Feeling as he released your hand, part of you missed his warmth.

"Excuse me for butting in, but we're hungry. You know that, right Kou?" He used his hand to shoo the both of you off, their little sister comedically mimicking him. "Try not to make me lose my appetite before then!" Teru spoke with such gentleness and even had the audacity to smile as he did so, and before he knew it he and Tiara quickly ducked their heads as a plastic cup came flinging into right their direction.

"Sh-Shut up!" Stammered Kou, who looked red-faced. Soon regressing into a timid calm, he turned to give you a short glance, and upon meeting eyes with him once more he'd quickly look the other way.

You weren't stupid, so of course you knew why he was so flustered... and because of his embarrassment you were also certain that you shared the same emotion as him.

Although it was awkward in the beginning, soon you and Kou managed to get over the ordeal. Now, he was in the middle of serving his Sukiyaki to his family, with you watching on the sidelines.

All of them looked so happy, and now that you've seen a glimpse of this genuine happiness, you knew that you and Kou had lived in two separate worlds;

One of happiness,

And the other being sadness.

Teru's eyes shifted onto you, and lifting up his metal chopsticks only to tap them together, he asked you a question. "Aren't you going to join us too, [Y/N]? There's room for a lot of people." The other two at the table looked to you, and flinching.. you became hesitant.

"I-Im okay!" Your tongue had a will of it's own. You didn't mean to reject them, and in all honesty you didn't know what exactly you wanted. But, from their eyes they definitely had took your answer into account. "Well... alright. Whenever you get hungry, just come back down." Teru said kindly.

You nodded your head and proceeded to leave, turning your back from the curious blue eyes belonging to Kou, which pensively observed you.

Opening the door, you closed it behind yourself only to sigh deeply. It was as though you were feeling mildly stiff, and now that you were in the confines of your new comfort zone, you had the chance to rid of so many overwhelming feelings which were evoked because of Kou.

Speaking of Kou... As you neared the closest window to you, you pulled the curtains to the side so you could witness the orange-yellow sky covered by occasional smogs of fluffy clouds that attracted your eyes, and thought on that look he flashed you earlier.

Looking down at your own hand which was offered to your view, you suddenly shuddered while a faint paint scattered along your face. 'Why... Why is my heart beating so quickly every single time I... think about him?' It made you embarrassed, and it was proven as you collapsed against your bed, covering your face as you rolled along it repetitively. 'Why?!'

The reminiscent regarding earlier abruptly hit you, and so did a stroke of realization. "H-Hold on!" You shouted, "The person who I supposedly fell in love with in my future record... Was it ... Kou?" Parting your fingertips just a little bit so you could stare at the ceiling, at first you were calm... but in time you panicked.